Graduation Sheet Cake Ideas!!

Decorating By sarahsstylishsweets Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 7:52pm by djoyce

sarahsstylishsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahsstylishsweets Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:03am
post #1 of 5

I get nervous about sheet cakes, they are so big and so much space to fill!!!! Any suggestions on a graduation cake ???? beside the basic "congrats josh" ??????

4 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:53am
post #2 of 5

Have you done a search on this site? There have been dozens and dozens of them posted in the last 2 months. I'm sure you'll find something you like. HTH!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:28am
post #3 of 5

I have a few pictures in my gallery with sheet cakes. I like making a grad cap out of fondant and/or putting a flat one out of fondant. you could also find something unique to the graduate and put it on there as well icon_smile.gif

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 11:22am
post #4 of 5

I made this graduation cake is an 8'' round cake, three layers tall. It is covered with white marshmallow fondant with stripes in red and black marshmallow fondant. The cap on top is made from black gum paste made a few days before and left to dry. The pattern for the hat is in one of Wilton's yearbooks.
There is a small paper diploma on the front part of the top that is hard to see in the picture. The tassel on the hat is made using a clay extruder. The white dots are royal icing left to harden.

djoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djoyce Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 5

Hi - I just recently did 4 grad cakes and got lots of great ideas from this site. 3 of the 4 were 1/2 sheet cakes. I used the small pampered chef batter bowl to make the cap. On one of the cakes, I put edible images of the school logos. They looked really sharp. I also have made a diploma - either rolled up or unrolled. On one cake, I incorporated not only the high school the person was graduating from, but the college they would be attending. Good luck and definitely look in the gallery! All these creative people here will give you lots of ideas!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%