Sugar Cookies - How Far In Advance To Make Them...?

Baking By pammylynn Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 3:21am by pammylynn

pammylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammylynn Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 1:48am
post #1 of 4

I have an order next week for some big cut-outs, iced, wrapped in a cute baggie with ribbon.

How far in advance should I do them so the icing is dry, yet the cookie is still tasty when they get them?

Thanks!
Pam

3 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #2 of 4

It depends on what you want to get done earlier. You can make the dough and freeze that. You can cut out all the shapes and freeze those. You can bake the cookies and then freeze them. You can ice the cookies and freeze after they've dried completely. It's all up to you which way to go. Good luck to you.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 4

It depends on what you want to get done earlier. You can make the dough and freeze that. You can cut out all the shapes and freeze those. You can bake the cookies and then freeze them. You can ice the cookies and freeze after they've dried completely. It's all up to you which way to go. Good luck to you.

pammylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammylynn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:21am
post #4 of 4

Great! Thanks....seems there are a lot of options. I had a huge learning curve and did learn not to wait until the day you want to give them to the client. icon_redface.gif That was my first time making them. So, just wondered...

I think I'll just prepare them the day before...

Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%