Patting Myself On The Back...

Decorating By MJoycake Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 7:18pm by DefyGravity

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 5

I'm quite proud of myself as I have taken orders in the past and haven't charged enough and regretted it. I just had an inquiry for a 3D cake with fondant sculptures (very detailed)....for THIS TUESDAY! I quoted her an estimate on the phone at first, but then she told me about the very detailed sculpture work she wanted....I asked for a pic via email and told her I'd send her a quote once I'd worked out my pricing. Once I saw the pic I hummed and hawwed about how much to charge and whether I should take the order at all with such short notice. I figured up my time realistically and quoted her back a higher price taking everything into account. She said it's out of her budget and I'm SO okay with that. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not going to spend 4 nights up until midnight and not have it be worth my time. Yay for me!

4 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

Way to go! Feels good to stick up for yourself!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 5

you did the right thing. i don,t worry if they don,t call back or think i am too high. i,d rather sit and twiddle my thumbs than to work my butt off for nothing. lol

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 5

Great job!

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 5

For a second I forgot what site I was on and tried to "like" your entry.... I think I need to stay off Facebook for a while, haha.

Congratulations on standing up for yourself icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%