How Long Before...

Decorating By mememalasia Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm by matthewkyrankelly

mememalasia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mememalasia Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

my sons birthday is saturday. i work tomorrow so I baked all the cakes today. what is the best way to keep them? will the fridge do, i don't have freezer space but can use my friends. I wasn't planning on icing them until saturday morning. thanks!

5 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

Wrapped well in plastic wrap and on the counter is fine for the day and a half they'll be there.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 6

Would you have the time to at least throw a crumb coat of icing on the cakes sometime today? Icing usually helps keep the moisture in the cake.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

Crumb coat if you can. Either way, wrap well and freeze. The freezing will stop any staling. The fridge slows thing a little but is more likely to dehydrate - mostly because people don't wrap as tightly as they do for the freezer.

mememalasia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mememalasia Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 6

so should the fridge be okay if they are cumb coated and wrapped super tight? ironically i made all the icing already to my sons specifications and now he decided "he doesn't like the icing (it's lemon flavored) and maybe i should just use fondant instead, oh and mom can we put chocolate in the middle instead" he just broke his arm monday but i may break the other one by saturday! lol

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 6

Wrap tight and pick the easiest for you - fridge or freezer. Saturday will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%