How Do I Get A Deep Wine Or Burgundy Color Fondant

Decorating By princsleah Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 10:08pm by TammyH

princsleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princsleah Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 5

I have a 25th wedding anniversary cake due at the end of the month and I need to make burgundy/wine colored fondant-gumpaste flowers? What are the best colors to use for this? Should I start with red, black or chocolate fondant. I know Fondarific has a chocolate cherry fondant but it is more of a reddish brown. Any ideas? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, I think you should start withe red. Check out the Decorators color wheel at www.sugarcraft.com
On home page, scroll down to Colorings, click then select Color Chart from menu side bar. HTH

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 5

Ok, first start with chocolate and add red. Now if you don''t want chocolate flavor then I would go with brown and red. HTH

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 5

wilton has a color chart too, but they also sell burgundy color.

this is the color that wilton gave for fondant... BURGUNDY 2 1/2 in. neon pink + 3/4 in. natural black

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 5

Chocopan use to match fondant to sherwin-williams (sp?) paint colors.... That's what I did when I needed a deep-burgundy color for a cake... Or do you have an airbrush? Mix the gumpaste as close as you can and then airbursh to get an exact match...

HTH

TammyH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%