Fresh Flower Topper Supplies

Decorating By absijails Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 5:18pm by absijails

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 5

I am baking my cousin's wedding cake in October. My aunt wants to make a fresh flower topper. What supplies are needed? Which are the best?
Thanks!

4 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 5

We just did this for my brothers wedding cake. You need floral foam that can be soaked in water and a small base to place the foam on to keep it off the cake. We purchased the flowers from Safeway's floral department and I was surprised at how beautiful they were. I saw a clip on the news about how super markets carried beautiful flowers at half the cost of a florist and they were right. They also guarantee their flowers to be fresh for five days. The lady also sold us the floral foam for 1.00 it was all lot cheaper than purchasing the foam from Michael's.

absijails Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the info on the flowers, but I'm not worried about those. I wasn't very specific. I'm sorry!
I'm most interested in what to put them in to put on the cake. Does anyone make a special container for them?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:27am
post #4 of 5

Wilton makes a crystal flower bowl. I wanted the flowers to fill the entire area so I used floral foam and a small plastic disc. It was actually a clear Tupperware cup coaster that my mothers friend had. We purchased glass candle plates but they were to big for the space between the pillars. You can pretty much use anything. Here is a picture of the Wilton flower bowl.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wilton-Cake-Crystal-Look-Flower-Bowl-/220430607658?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3352b0252a

absijails Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%