Did You Guys Get This Email?

Business By leah_s Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm by smokeysmokerton

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 16

From Make Your Cakes.com?

They're selling - wait for it - instructions for making cakes. You see a picture, then you buy the instructions.

harumpf. Just come on over here and CCers will give you instructions for free

15 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 16

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I did not receive this...but where are THEY getting the instructions? or are they making it up?

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 16

Nope, I haven't gotten that yet. Heading to their site to see what they're offering. icon_confused.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 16

I hope I got the right thing...is this page in Spanish?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:26am
post #5 of 16

You can click on "English" in the righthand corner to translate it.

I think it's interesting that they're offering instructions on how to commit copyright violations with all of those character cakes, too ! Very nice! I hope they do email me, I'll write to ask them how they got licenses to sell all of that stuff.

nelikate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelikate Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #6 of 16

isnt it just like buying a cake decorating book? use it for ideas, techniques and tips.

Maybe the step by step instructions will help if your a bit lost for how to complete a step or get the finish your after - especially for beginners.

Nel

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:42am
post #7 of 16

They are the cakes that I find on the Picasa website in the tortas books. Such as the casper cake here is the link to the one in a tortas book on the picasa website.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Priscilakca/DecoraTortas04#

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:42am
post #8 of 16

Shoot! You mean we could have just sold the many directions listed on the forums?! Shoot! I always miss out!

costumeczar Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:24am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by _christina_

Shoot! You mean we could have just sold the many directions listed on the forums?! Shoot! I always miss out!

If you think about it, there are plenty of people who sell instructions, DVDs, etc. for a lot of things, and people worship them for it. icon_wink.gif Sell away, people, sell away!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:05pm
post #10 of 16

Hey, everybody's doing what they gotta do to get by in the world. As long as people perceive value in what they're selling, it's an honest business. At least they're not sending emails that say "I WILL LIKE YOU TO MAKE FOR ME A STRAWBERRY CAKE AND THE INSCRIPTION SHALL READ HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE" icon_wink.gif

costumeczar Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Hey, everybody's doing what they gotta do to get by in the world. As long as people perceive value in what they're selling, it's an honest business. At least they're not sending emails that say "I WILL LIKE YOU TO MAKE FOR ME A STRAWBERRY CAKE AND THE INSCRIPTION SHALL READ HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE" icon_wink.gif

And you shall deliver it in the truck that my colleague will deliver to you with the certified check for $50,000,000 US dollars that my deceased client left in the bank account in Nigeria and I am administering and will share with you when you send me all of your personal information. Also, you have won the Microsoft lottery.

kjxoxo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjxoxo1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:01am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

And you shall deliver it in the truck that my colleague will deliver to you with the certified check for $50,000,000 US dollars that my deceased client left in the bank account in Nigeria and I am administering and will share with you when you send me all of your personal information. Also, you have won the Microsoft lottery.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:27pm
post #13 of 16

You will take to bank the certified check and cash to your account and send to me half ......

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 16

... and I will vacation in the Bahamas, and you will cry and spend the next 4 years trying to straighten out your credit and get that money back from me....

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:09pm
post #15 of 16

I'm sorry, I don't see anything wrong with it either. I offer classes on how to do some of my cake designs and people pay for the classes, just like my sugar flower classes, I just don't do anything copyrighted. I do share a lot of info and help anytime I can on here. Edna and Aine2 also have tutorials they sell. I also have to pay for demos on this stuff at ICES. Wilton's yearbook does the same thing, instructions for pay. This is just an e-book.

Is it just the copyright stuff you can't believe, in that case...I totally agree!

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

icon_lol.gif That is too funny! I'm not in the cake business, but I get the same ones in my line of work. I'm always wondering who actually does this? Someone must, or they wouldn't keep doing it. The best thing about it is that they are oh-so-smart with this brilliant scheme, but they just haven't figured out that the broken english (happy marriage life bwahahahaha) is the first thing that tips everyone off. Maybe they should use some of their stolen money to get some english lessons icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%