Detroit Cake...proud Of Myself :-)

Decorating By Tinabarena Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 7:38pm by cerasmiles

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

Thought Id share this

Anyone who is a twin is likely to understand this separation a little better. Maybe not-not sure. Anyway, my twin brother moved out to California last year. His move virtually destroyed me because we have always been close same social circle, close with our family, frequent dinners as he lived quite literally 5 miles from me, etc. Now we are on complete opposite sides of the country (I live in Michigan). I miss him tremendously and not a day goes by where I dont think about him. Ive visited him in CA and while there, I realized that he belongs in CA it is the perfect surrounding/environment for him and I can tell that he is truly happy. Doesnt make me miss him less, but it does make me feel better that he has found his spot.

Anyway, he is in town this week ( yeah!!!!) and our birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks. The fact that we are not celebrating it together kills me, but I decided to make a cake while he was here so that we can do a mini-early celebration.

Im just kinda proud of the cake because its the first one where Ive really constructed anything and I thought Id share it. Ive replaced the Hollywood sign with Detroit, and I also attempted to make gumpaste figures. Mind you, I have never done figures before, and I know they are total ghettobut they make me laugh, so I like them. I am represented by the girl on the road with a bubble saying Get Down Chuck, and my twin, is the figure trying to climb the mountain with a bubble saying No..Must GetBack toDetroit.

I have a lot of practice to do with gumpaste, but, for once, Im ok with that. Is there any tutorial for making smoother gumpaste things, or just working with gumpaste in general?? I kinda just winged it.

The cake is a surprise for Chuck and Ill give it to him tonight. Go easy on me thoughcuz not only is it my first construction cake, its also the first photo Im posting on here

Hope you all have a great day!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

4 replies
Tinabarena Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 5

I guess the pic won't upload because it's too big...gonna try to fix it.

Tinabarena Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 5

lets try this again...
LL
LL

silverc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverc Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5

I love the cake, and the story behind it. I know your brother will love it!

cerasmiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerasmiles Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

great cake! im sure your brother will love it..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%