Cake Boss + Register

Business By sweetartbakery Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 2:12am by sweetartbakery

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:03am
post #1 of 3

I just started using cake boss for my recipe costing. my dilema is that I need a cash register/point of sale option too. I couldn't find anything that gave me a nice costing software and a register. My plan was to go with the intuit register plus for the shop sales and the cake boss for my lap top to cost things. my question is. they have overlapping functions, so what do you guys recommend? Has anyone else had this issue of needing two different softwares? I need to call the cake boss people and ask them about entering my daily sales from my register too, maybe that will avoid the need to buy quick books!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 3

I don't see why you couldn't add in your daily register into cake boss. Personally I would get around it by adding "Daily Register" as a customer........add up all your transactions and list them as a bill, then do your drawer count and enter that as the amount paid??? Would that work?

then you'll have a daily amount to refer to, and each day would just be listed as a separate "order" from "Daily Register"? Might work!

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:12am
post #3 of 3

Thats what I was thinking of doing. the part I was wondering about about is the "perks" like customer tracking and stuff like that. they both do it. so keep it in cake boss or keep it in the register for direct reference when people come in a lot. so many ways to go. might just have to play with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%