Gumpaste Figurine Help Standing

Decorating By frizzyhead Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 2:17am by punkyf

frizzyhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frizzyhead Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:54am
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone, I am making Standing gumpaste figurines for the first time and I really need some advice on the best way of doing this. My questions are do you let all the pieces (body, head, arms, legs) dry first and then attach or do you attach them right away and then let dry? Also if you do let them dry separately first do you put the holes in the body where the stuff goes (I am attaching with spaghetti) because gumpaste dries so fast? One last thing, when attaching the legs do they go straight in or on an angle? I dont know if there is some sort of trick I should know about this. Any of your help would be great! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July week-end! Thanks!

Tanya icon_smile.gif

1 reply
punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:17am
post #2 of 2

When I make gum paste figures I usually make the pieces seperately and then attach. For example, if I am making a person I will make the head and put a tooth pick in the bottom of the head and let it dry. When I make the body I insert a tooth pick where I want the head to attach and then take it out and let the body dry. After the pieces are dry I insert the head with the toothpick in it into the body. I do this with the arms, legs, etc. You can also insert the toothpick into the body and let it dry, put the hole in the head and attach that way. I do it differently everytime I do it. It just depends on how I feel that day. You do need to use gum paste glue to attach the pieces. Hope this helps. I learned by doing. I made lots of mistakes but learned from every one and still learning!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%