Silver Cake Stands

Decorating By sugalips Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm by sugalips

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 16

Where do you get the round and square pretty silver cake stands. I was looking online and found some for ... 'choke'... $300-500!!! icon_surprised.gificon_mad.gif Tell me they aren't THAT expensive!

15 replies
elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 16

Yes they can be expensive...have you looked on Ebay?? They frequently have a deal or two.

sugalips Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:03am
post #3 of 16

Just went on EBAY and there they were, reasonably priced too!!

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:10am
post #4 of 16

I found mine at Hobby Lobby, regularly $50 but I happened to catch a 50% off sale so I only paid $25.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:26am
post #5 of 16

Ditto on Hobby Lobby. They always have a 14" round silver plateau on the shelf at my hobby lobby. I only got to u se my 40% off discount but was still excited I got it. Its in the wedding department of the store. Now I need to find a gold square one!!

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:00am
post #6 of 16

Does Michael's carry the plateaus? (I haven't seen them ) We don't have Hobby Lobby here in Canada icon_sad.gif

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 3:54am
post #7 of 16

I got mine from Hobby Lobby too. That 50% off was really a great deal.

ddaigle Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 16

KTB4...I've looked at Michaels and did not see them. Think it is just a HL item.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 16

I just ordered one last month from HIS designs out of Ohio. I am in NY so shipping was cheap and quick. Alot of the ones on Ebay were in CA. But I was very happy with my stand and I even got it on sale! Excited to use it again!

sugalips Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:42pm
post #10 of 16

Wow, I was so excited to get them on EBAY I should have waited and read the rest of this string. I could have gotten them way cheaper at Hobby Lobby. icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm
post #11 of 16

E-Favormart has a round ...try thier website

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 8:17am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB4

Does Michael's carry the plateaus? (I haven't seen them ) We don't have Hobby Lobby here in Canada icon_sad.gif

I'm from Canada too. If you have Bowering's in your area they carry them. Not to bad of a price. OR you can do what I do and drive on down to Buffalo NY and get one there even cheaper. icon_biggrin.gif

ddaigle Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #13 of 16

myironfurniture.com has some reasonable prices also. I'm getting an 18" square gold one for $85.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:32pm
post #14 of 16

Do you have a HomeGoods/Marshall's near you? They carry all sorts of cake stands, and reasonably priced.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:38pm
post #15 of 16

Do you need to own one or could you rent one for an event? Most party supply places carry them.

sugalips Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks everyone for your tips. I ordered a 14" square and 20" round off EBAY ... (birthday present to me)! I do wonder what size is the most common?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%