Premade Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling

Decorating By ncdessertdiva Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 11:28pm by mkolmar

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 9

I was in the grocery store (Food Lion) the other night and saw something interesting . . . a tub of premade cheesecake filling from Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Not sure how good it would be but might be worth a try for a last minute dessert. Has anyone used this before, if so, how were your results? It would probably be good to use as a base for something else. . . any ideas?
Leslie

8 replies
tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 9

There was a cupcake thread yesterday with a CC member uses itt mixed with strawberry filling to fill cupcakes. I have not used it yet but would also appreciate any feedback on this item as well.
Tracy

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 9

I used it. Chocolate cake. Torted it, filled on layer with the cream cheese, filled another with strawberry jam, iced in buttercream.

I didn't like it. I can't tell you why but there was just something that just wasn't right about it.

Rachel

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 9

You know how cheesecake filling tastes if it's not baked? Like you taste a bit to see if everything's "right?"

To me, that's how it feels in the mouth--kind of "slick" feeling. Tastes ok. I'm thinking it'd be good for filling cupcakes or whatever.

Maybe good for a quick dessert or whatever. Unique idea--I have to give them that.

--Knox--

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 9

The people who ate the cake that I "tried it out on" said that there was just something about it that was "too much".

Rachel

lkfarley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkfarley Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 9

I was curious about this product as well. From the sounds of things I will pass on it. Thanks for the info!
Leslie

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 9

You know i had seen that product and found it interesting and would wonder what it would taste like as a carrot cake filling, but now i think i will pass on it too.

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 9

saw it a couple months ago; I love cheesecake and cream cheese pies so I knew right away that I wouldn't try it, but I did wonder if it would be good mixed with something else.(ie.strawberry or something as a filling). Thanks for the info ladies-every little bit helps

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 9

My DH liked it but no one else did. Something just doesn't taste right about it to me...kind of a wierd taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%