Water Splat Cookie Cutter?

Baking By Edee Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 7:54pm by Edee

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know of a water/paint splat splash cookie cutter? I am looking for the aluminum one not copper ones. Can anyone help?

9 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 10

Wouldn't you be able to freehand a splat design with a knife?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 10

answers to questions like this depened what country you are in... i guess probably not the uk tho! but if you are...

i think you could smoosh the sun cutters here: http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Summer-Cookie-Cutters.html
maybe some flower/ blossom cutters could be reshaped as well?

there is info in the articles section on here on how to make your own cookie cutters, but it would be fairly easy to cut out the shape (with a template, or free hand) too if you want.
xx

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 10

Do you have an ikea near you?
They have something, if I remember right,....like weird shapes...
Not sure how to explain but I saw them there at the beginning of June. I didn't buy them but they might be what you need. I"ll try to find them.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 10
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 1:02am
post #6 of 10

I made a some 'splat' cookies and just made a template for it as I did not need many. I don't know how many you need, but once I had my artwork done, I cut my template from foodsafe plastic. I then cut them out with a fine tip E-Acto knife on well chilled dough. When I need larger numbers for a design, I make my own cutters. KHalstead has wonderful instructions. Now that I think about it, a really quick and easy way to make a 'splat' would be to bend an existing large circle cutter into the shape you needed and then you don't have to worry about finding food-safe metal or adhering the edges. icon_smile.gif

Edee Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:36am
post #7 of 10

I am in the USA.

I have to make alot of them and I am decorating with mmf so I wanted the shape to match instead of freehanding every single one, trying to get the fondant and the mmf to match up would be difficult.

I might have to reshape a cookie cutter, that may be the easiest thing to do.

I will check out the website, thanks for all your imput.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 10

Check out some of the oak leaf cutters. They look a lot like splats. I imagine you could pull it apart to make it fatter and less narrow.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 10

Several years ago, I bought a teardrop cookie cutter from either Foose or Off the Beaten Path or Downtown Dough.

Edee Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 7:54pm
post #10 of 10

I ended up taking a metal flower cutter and bending it, I will post a pic when I get a finished product. thanks for the suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%