Tiffany Box Letters

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 10:17pm by Anita8

msnrozier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msnrozier Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 6

Hello,

What is the BEST way to write Tiffany's on the fondant? I have tried writing it on the wax paper and trans it to the cake, but that did not work!

for those who have done a tiffany's box cake, how did you get the tiffany writing on your cake!???

Plz and Thank you

5 replies
Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 6

It's best done with alphabet cutters...some that match the Tiffany font, because it's quite bold - not sure you could acheive the same look by freehand

jjaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjaj Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 6

I did this with my tiffany box...it's in my photos. couldn't get it to post here =(

not the easiest way probably but all i could come up with at the time =)

i printed the word Tiffanys in the font i wanted, then i put that, ink side up, on my lid, and traced over it, indenting into the fondant. i then used a paint brush and hand painted the letters with gel color. like i said, not the most ideal method, a little crooked too =(, but all didn't have the right cutters on hand. hope that helps.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 6

I think you've made a great job of it - the cake looks fabulous!

jjaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjaj Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks!

Anita8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anita8 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 6

For my Tiffany cake, I rolled fondant on a pasta machine at the thinnest setting (it was very thin and see through) then I simply traced the logo with edible marker and stuck it on the box. It came put pretty much perfect. I also did this to trace transformer faces onto cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%