Need A Sturdy Cake Recipe

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 8:52am by FleurDeCake

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked ti make a crawfish boil cake for my nephew's Grooms cake . I dont have a clue but I am going to try to wing it . Can anyone tell me if a chocolate WASC will be sturdy enough for this cake . Thanks

4 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 5

If this is this just for a flat cake with cute little decos, will be fine. I have never tried to carve a WASC, but others have with good results.

FleurDeCake Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:11am
post #3 of 5

thanks minnie ... but i plan to use 10 in rounds stacke about 15 inches high so i need something really sturdy. I will however make it as tho i was stacking tiers with cardboards in between each of 4 tiers . still in the planning stage

scorpio711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scorpio711 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:43am
post #4 of 5

Hi there, if you can get hold of Alan Dunns Wedding Cake Bible from you library, there is a recipe for a High Density sponge,. This is the only recipe I use and everyone goes mad for it. I use it for cakes that have to be carved, and also cup cakes. Everyone I have made cakes for rave about the sponge. It is firm, but so moist and he gives the list for variations of flavours. If you cant get hold of this book, I will post recipe for you

greetings form Hull England

FleurDeCake Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:52am
post #5 of 5

thanks scorpio i will look for it at the library ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%