Ideas Needed For Multi-Themed Anniversary Cake

Decorating By nikkijmw Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 8:45am by arseknoll1

nikkijmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkijmw Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 5

My client is celebrating her 50th anniversary and has no idea what she wants on her cake but wants me to incorporate many things into it. I am having trouble finding a "theme" here are the main topic points she wants me to touch on:
1) they met in NY city -- possible skyscraper?
2) they had a garden wedding -- flowers?
3) She loves music -- Musical notes?
4) he's a dr -- medical symbol.
5) they have three kids and three grand-kids
6) he's from a tropical location (i.e. palm trees)and she's from New England.

Do you see my dilemma? Any suggestions or ideas? I don't think I can incorporate all of the above but I am trying to figure out how to create a cake using NYC, music, medical and possible garden flowers?

4 replies
CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 5

Apple, apple blossoms, in the flower topper for NYC, with some tropical greens for him, and her favourite flower.

Music notes, and would it be anywhere close to fabulous to hope that he's a cardiologist??
Then you could do the notes and hearts on wires out of the topper!! icon_biggrin.gif

HTH!!
icon_smile.gif

nikkijmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkijmw Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 5

thanks cbmom for the tips! Unfortunately he's not a cardiologist but, rather, a psychologist. But, I love the apple blossom idea! You definitely gave me some great brainstorming ideas.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 5

You could always do the carved road "the path we traveled" type of cake. Putting something from each point in their life along the way.

arseknoll1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arseknoll1 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:45am
post #5 of 5

Try to make a Golden cake, because 50th anniversary is also a Golden anniversary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%