Fondant Pictures

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm by tmelrose

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 11

Can someone please point me in the direction for instructions/advice on how to do the fondant pictures that are like putting a puzzle together?

10 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure I know what you mean...can you attach a link or photo that we could go look at?

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 11

It looks like these are cut out from templates, then overlaid onto the cake...if you could look for line drawings on the internet, then use them as patterns to cut out your fondant from, it should work..the cake you've linked to is built up with different template...you just need a sharp knife and a steady hand! Good luck

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 11

I belive that they use the cricut icon_rolleyes.gif

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 11

Or take a picture (like from a coloring book) cut out on lines to use as a template. Then put them on fondant and cut out with an exacto knife. Then put pieces as they fit together on picture.

Newatdecorating Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:06am
post #7 of 11

Can you do it with just plain fondant without anything else mixed with it? And how far in advance can you do them or do you have to do them and put them right on the cake?

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:31am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmelrose

Or take a picture (like from a coloring book) cut out on lines to use as a template. Then put them on fondant and cut out with an exacto knife. Then put pieces as they fit together on picture.

This is exactly how I do it.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:39am
post #9 of 11

just plain fondant....start with the piece in the back cut it our first, then just go with the next piece and the next until you get to the front. I did mine like this at first. now i do a lot more painted pieces or 3-d pieces. Clip art from the computer works and just enlarge the artwork or coloring books. I have several in my photos. have fun.

Newatdecorating Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:28pm
post #10 of 11

Can you do them in advance or do you need to cut them out and place them right on the cake?

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm
post #11 of 11

Either way would be fine. You can cover them up with saran wrap if making in advance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%