Diabetic Friendly

Baking By MessMaker Updated 4 Jul 2010 , 12:16pm by nana_marta

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 6

i noticed that there are not many diabetic friendly recipes on this site, and those that are dont have alot of reviews so im leery about using one of them. I need help finding a GOOD diabetic friendly cake recipe... Any suggestion?

5 replies
starbasset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starbasset Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 6

You are correct, I wonder the same thing. icon_rolleyes.gif
The Splenda web site has recipes...I haven't tried any, yet.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 9:47am
post #3 of 6
snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 11:29am
post #4 of 6

I tried this one this past week and it came out really good. Although, I couldnt find anything called 'brown sugar twin' so I used a brown sugar blend made by splenda. Of course, my friend who it was for was fine with a little bit of sugar, so he said that was fine.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/948/sugarless-applesauce-cake

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 6

advice in the uk is that generally, you are better off having a small bit of 'real' cake, than a normal chunk of diabetic cake - something to do with carbs rather than sugars being part of the problem... i dont really remember, but do some research and it will probably be explained.
xx

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 6

I have used several off the Splenda web site for a family member. Just remember that cakes made with Splenda have a completely different texture than ones with sugar, but any I have tried have been very tasty. I usually frost with a cream cheese, sugar free pudding, sugar free cool whip icing. I too would like a different frosting, but haven't found a sugar free one. Hope this helps a little. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%