Hummingbird Bakery's Cookbook

Baking By MissCakeCrazy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 9:00am by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:35am
post #1 of 7

I have just bought the hunningbird bakery's cookbook. I have read some mix reviews on this, namely that the amounts of the ingredients are a inaccurate etc... Has anyone tries this and is there any tips you can give me?

6 replies
Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 7

I have it, but haven't tried any recipes from it yet. I've heard the same thing you have though - recipes not turning out becuase of inacurate ingredient amounts.

mag4jesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mag4jesus Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 7

I have this book as well and I have tried a few recipes and it all came out very well. I read the mixed reviews and was almost prevented from buying it but i can say the recipes i have tried have all come out brilliant.

Good luck!

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 7

aparently if you go to their website you can download the corrections.

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 7

Oh! Thanks very much for letting me know that!

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 7

I don't know, but I have a REAL problem with that! If I spend the money on a book, I expect the information to be accurate. Were they too lazy to have a proof reader? And especially with the kind of detail you need for a recipe...... Geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:00am
post #7 of 7

I tried the red velvet cake, I added a bit more flour than stated and it turned out delicious! The only thing is my cupcakes spread out as well as rose. How do I prevent them from spreading wide? If I were to place them in a fancy cupcake case, it may not fit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%