Mmf Breaking Down

Decorating By S1eepygrl Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 10:42am by S1eepygrl

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 9:19am
post #1 of 3

Hay Y'all,

I made MMf a few nights ago and colored it. i used most of it today to cover the cake board. now I understand why the crisco. My thoughts are wouldn't it be easier to just add the cup or so to it to begin with?

Anywho, I have been trying for 2 hours to roll out the rest of the batch to cover the cake and it will not hold together.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cake was suppossed to be done already and the party is at 1 pm.

Thanks a bunch
S1eepygrl and my now 9 year old DD

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 9:26am
post #2 of 3

The color makes it get a little weird sometimes, especially if it's a really bold color. Try sprinkling a little water over the MMF if it's too dry and crumbly, then knead and roll out on a mat coated with Crisco. If you added too much Crisco and now the MMF feels soft and slippery, then knead in some cornstarch, or more powdered sugar.

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 10:42am
post #3 of 3

HEHEHE!!!

Thanks for answering me so quickly.

I had MM in our camping box, old, thought they would be very stale. I made a half batch using them. The batch just would not come together, so i started adding the broken down batch, in little crumbles of pieces, and WAAALAA!!

It rolled so very easy. I was able to see throught it to the mat, and it still was not tearing. I put it on the cake, it stuck in 1 spot so, with my hands I flipped it over without tearing. after I trimmed the edges, a little to short, I pulled it to make it fit, and it still didn't tear!!!

OH!!! A WHAT HAPPY MOMMY I AM!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%