Cake Is Not An Upside Down Cake

Decorating By mtotowayesu Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm by rosiecast

mtotowayesu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtotowayesu Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 8:38am
post #1 of 42

I had the most aweful cake disaster. I was tired and had just spent half the night decorating a birthday cake for a friend. I put it in the box and the following day someone was to deliver it as a suprise birthday cake. The person who picked it up from my house decided to make it an upside down cake she actually picked up the box with the cake in it and for some unknown reason decided to overturn it!.
Well the cake did get their just in bits and pieces. icon_evil.gif

41 replies
jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 9:18am
post #2 of 42

What on earth? Who does that??!?!?!?!? icon_confused.gif

Sorry that happened. Make sure you put that person on the "no pick up" list!

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 9:38am
post #3 of 42

is this person mentally chllenged in some wierd way .. Why would anyone do something so stupid.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 42

Good grief! So now I guess cake boxes need "this side up" stickers all over them icon_eek.gif! I'm so sorry about all your hard work.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 42

I can believe it!! I worked in a pizza restaurant many moons ago, and this one guy would come in to pick his pizza up, and everytime would turn the box sideways and carry it under his arm !! icon_confused.gifdunce.gificon_eek.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 42

What a 'looney toon''!!! They had to know a cake was in the box!!
hmmmmmmmm Must not like the person they were delivering
the cake to.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 42

Are you kidding? I mean, I know people at ARC that wouldn't even be that... challenged. I am embarrassed FOR that person because they don't have the sense God gave a goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

I can believe it!! I worked in a pizza restaurant many moons ago, and this one guy would come in to pick his pizza up, and everytime would turn the box sideways and carry it under his arm !! icon_confused.gifdunce.gificon_eek.gif

icon_surprised.gif What is wrong with people? I know I'm anal, but I have a fit if hubby picks up a pizza and it leans a little bit. I don't even like setting it on the seat because of the slight angle, the cheese could run more to one side. Man, I DO have issues. icon_redface.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I don't even like setting it on the seat because of the slight angle, the cheese could run more to one side. Man, I DO have issues. icon_redface.gif

or that could be a good thing. said to Hubby: You get "that" side (the thin side) and I get THIS side (side all the cheese ran too.

-----

re original post....

alternate theory to not liking the recipient -- the delivery dolt also makes cakes and was miffed she didn't get to make the cake.

cakes47 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 42

LOL ...... Good one Doug, very well could be!!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:07pm
post #10 of 42

This reminds of the cashier at my local grocer who took the key lime pie I bought and put it in the bag sideways! What a moron. Yes he got an earful, and so did the front end manager.... and the customer service desk person. I am remorseful now....it was obviously a PMS day or something.

Just why did that person decide to take a cake box and turn it upside down? I am thinking some passive aggressive behavior here. I think Doug's theory is right.

sillymoo84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillymoo84 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 42

there are crazy ppl in this world!

dozenredroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dozenredroses Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:07pm
post #12 of 42

Did they do that on purpose? What was the story behind it? Some people make me laugh (or cry like in this situation)

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 42

If you killed this person, no court would convict you of more than justifiable homicide! I get that that's a little harsh, but seriously...!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:26pm
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtotowayesu

I had the most aweful cake disaster. I was tired and had just spent half the night decorating a birthday cake for a friend. I put it in the box and the following day someone was to deliver it as a suprise birthday cake. The person who picked it up from my house decided to make it an upside down cake she actually picked up the box with the cake in it and for some unknown reason decided to overturn it!.
Well the cake did get their just in bits and pieces. icon_evil.gif

Okay......am I the only one wondering this question...?? What was your reaction to this? What did you say to them? I don't think I could have contained the words that would have came out of my mouth...it would have been some serious "word vomit"! icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 10:30pm
post #15 of 42

I actually do write "this side up" on some cake boxes. Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 3:48am
post #16 of 42

This is one of those moments when myhubbies t-shirt come in to play. It says " some people are alive because it is against the law to kill them." I'm sorry this happened to all your hard work thu.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:59pm
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I actually do write "this side up" on some cake boxes. Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

I used to have a carboard windshield shade that actually had printed on the inside of it "Do not drive vehicle with this sunshade in place" icon_surprised.gif !

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:49pm
post #18 of 42

Alright - enquiring minds want to know! Do you know why this pickup person turned the cake upside down? Was it done in front of you???

cakes47 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #19 of 42

YES!!! Please let us know the outcome of that horror show!!! It's such
a cliff hanger!!!!!!

mtotowayesu Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 8:01am
post #20 of 42

Ok this is what happened. I was not home that day so It didnt happen infront of me Otherwise I'd not be here writing this I'd be in jail! She apparently had some to drink the previous night and was in a rush to deliver the cake so she can go wherever...So she calls me AFTER she had messed up and says " oh I had a little mis-hap with the cake and I thought how bad can it be?! until she said she'd overturned it ! I heard a buzzing sound in my ear then... Let's just say I dont remember all I told her after that coz she doesn't talk to me till this day! Oh why did she turn it upside down? she wanted to see what was under the box! and forgot what side was up!!!! Oh it angers me all over again.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 9:01am
post #21 of 42
Quote:

? she wanted to see what was under the box! and forgot what side was up!!!! Oh it angers me all over again.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif
she wanted to see what was under the box??? what did she think was under the box?

mtotowayesu Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 10:20am
post #22 of 42

her brain must have been under the box.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 10:53am
post #23 of 42

A free prize?

Or perhaps instructions on how to carry the box . . .

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:43pm
post #24 of 42

Well, I guess we need to quit putting stickers on the bottom of the box that say, "If you can read this, you just screwed up the cake you moron. Nice job! Everyone hates you now!" icon_lol.gif

cakes47 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:52pm
post #25 of 42

Melvira ~
You just made me fall on the floor!!!
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:43am
post #26 of 42
Quote:

Ok this is what happened. I was not home that day so It didnt happen infront of me Otherwise I'd not be here writing this I'd be in jail! She apparently had some to drink the previous night and was in a rush to deliver the cake so she can go wherever...So she calls me AFTER she had messed up and says " oh I had a little mis-hap with the cake and I thought how bad can it be?! until she said she'd overturned it ! I heard a buzzing sound in my ear then... Let's just say I dont remember all I told her after that coz she doesn't talk to me till this day! Oh why did she turn it upside down? she wanted to see what was under the box! and forgot what side was up!!!! Oh it angers me all over again.

What a moron. Was she very drunk or just naturally stupid?

Sugar-Coated Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar-Coated Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:11pm
post #27 of 42

Funny enough, the bottoms of those Taco Bell boxes say "If you're reading this, we sure hope you took your food out first."

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:24pm
post #28 of 42

Some people have absolutely no common sense. I saw on an episode of "Fabulous Cakes" the other night where a woman picked up her daughter's birthday cake and put in the trunk of her car with a loose roller skate rolling around. Guess what had a target it on it? Yep, the cake. She took it back to the bakery so they could fix it. Unbelievable!
I am the same way about the pizza too. I have even put it on the dashboard because it is more level than the passenger seat. Lucky for me, the pizza place is just around the corner. icon_biggrin.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:51pm
post #29 of 42

And the award goes to...

cakes47 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:04am
post #30 of 42

kansaslaura ~ ROFLMAO!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%