I Know, I'm Ignorant... But....white Chocolate

Baking By katibeth88 Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 5:38am by mamawrobin

katibeth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katibeth88 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 8

OK would white chocolate candy melts or almond bark work for the white chocolate to be added to Michele Foster's Fondant? I'm in a VERY small town and haven't been able to find straight white chocolate chips...

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 8

I have never made that recipe but most likely that would be just fine.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 8

i agree with kakeladi

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by katibeth88

OK would white chocolate candy melts or almond bark work for the white chocolate to be added to Michele Foster's Fondant? I'm in a VERY small town and haven't been able to find straight white chocolate chips...

I use her recipe exclusively and I don't even like the white chips...they aren't white chocolate either....just "premier white chips" is written on the packaging. I use Baker's white chocolate baking squares. I don't like the artificial taste of candy melts or the "premier" white chips...made the fondant taste funny...the white chocolate squares make it taste really really good.

I suppose you could add the almond bark or the candy melts but neither are white chocolate...and won't give you the same results as adding the white chocolate will. Candy melts aren't chocolate...no matter what color they are.

3LittleBeesCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3LittleBeesCookies Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 8

I agree with mamawrobin. I've only been able to find pure white chocolate chips at speciality stores (and not close to where I live!) and I live in a large city. If you can't get your hands on the pure white chocolate chips or bars, then try the alternatives (e.g. candy melts). Maybe you could research ordering white chocolate online? Just a thought. HTH

katibeth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katibeth88 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 12:14am
post #6 of 8

thank yall SO much! yall are the best!!!

ElmwoodHero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElmwoodHero Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:00am
post #7 of 8

white chocolate is white chocolate

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:38am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmwoodHero

white chocolate is white chocolate

icon_confused.gif Yes, and candy melts are candy melts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%