Cupcake Tower Price

Baking By sugarcheryl Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 3:07am by karabeal

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 3:39am
post #1 of 7

I was wondering how much would you charge for this cupcake tower. The client wants strawberries on top instead. How would you decorate the strawberry because they are usually to big for a cupcake. The only way I can think of is cut the strawberries but how? I wish I could leave them whole. Any suggestions?
LL

6 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #2 of 7

You could cut the strawberries into slices and then fan like two or three on top & garnish w/mint leaf? I have done it that way before. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

ETA:

If the cupcakes are standard size, I would price @ $1.75 - 2.00. If the larger, I use my per cake serving price $3.50 ea, especially if it is a premium flavor cake & icing.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 7

On a different note, I've always wondered.... where do you get a stand like this? Or do you make it? If so, how? Out of what?

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 7

There is a thread on here where a bunch of people posted pictures of the stands that they made. There are some super creative ones on here.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 7

Google antonias cupcake stand. The thread will pop up. I just used mine for the first time today and it was looked pretty with the matching ribbon icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 7

Thanks Foxy... I found it! Very informative!

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 3:07am
post #7 of 7

I think the fan of strawberry slices looks very nice. But how long do you think slices could be exposed to the air before they start to either dry out or get mushy? You might not be able to do that too far in advance (although I don't know how far in advance would be OK). You could make fondant strawberries for the cupcakes. It's not fresh fruit (obviously) and might not be exactly what the client is looking for . . . but it might work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%