Customers Wife Comparing My Prices With Local Bakery

Business By pooky1969 Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 4:25am by PiccoloChellie

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 10:26pm
post #61 of 67

i agree with blakescakes about the guests being confused.. i was at a wedding and the grooms cake was delishous and beautiful, and the actual wedding cake was sloppy, crooked, 3 teirs with NO support system, just picture it real fast... yes the wedding cake was falling inside itself, thats why they had to cut when they did.. but the cakes were done by different people.. I'd hate to lose for my name ot be on something that was not good, looking or taste, when it was the other bakers fault... (i'm no where near a pro.. but i'd still hate it.lol)

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:02am
post #62 of 67

It's in my contract - either I provide all of the cake or none of it. I don't want my cake to be confused with anyone else's. I'd rethink making cupcakes.

pooky1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooky1969 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:23am
post #63 of 67

That does make sense...all or nothing. I had never heard anyone ever talk about that before. Thanks for bringing it up. How would you bring it up to Mrs. Wifey since I've already told her I would do the cupcakes? Or am I stuck?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #64 of 67

I'd be perfectly comfortable telling her that I thought about it and that I'm uncomfortable having my cupcakes served with XXXX's sheetcakes and that I hope we can work together some other time.............NOT icon_evil.gif

I live by the rule that I don't HAVE to do anything that makes ME uncomfortable, but I'm different that way icon_twisted.gif

Rae

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:58pm
post #65 of 67

BlakesCakes.....you bring up an interesting point about all or nothing. I recently have decided to cut back on wedding cakes for a while due to my "other" full time job being too demanding. I still have been doing grooms cakes and favors though.....Hmmmm! your right, prob not a good idea. In fact, I recently have a bride call to thank my for the delish grooms cake i did for her wedding. She went on to tell me that the actual wedding cake was a complete nightmare and i did find myself in a panic hopeing that no one got confused about who did what! Sheesh, well lesson learned, and I'll prob adopt your policy as well.

pooky1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooky1969 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #66 of 67

Hello Ladies,

I thought I would give you an update on what happened.

Mrs. Wife had her birthday. I did end up making 4 dozen cupcakes (she up the order by 2 dozen) and I charge her appropriately. I felt I had already told her I would make the cupcakes and I'm not one to go back on my word. I will know better for next time...all or nothing!

Anyways, she ordered her sheetcake from xxx bakery and when I got back to work Monday morning I had 4 people that were at her party tell me how bad the cake was...it was dry, tasted stale and was decorated terrible. They had slapped some blue frosting on and piped on 2 dolphins. They told me that my cupcakes were delicious, moist and were decorated so cute.

Best of all....Mrs. Wife didn't get any of the cupcakes because they disappeared so fast! This is mean, but it serves her right!

Thanks to everyone for all of your great advice!
LL

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:25am
post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooky1969

Anyways, she ordered her sheetcake from xxx bakery and when I got back to work Monday morning I had 4 people that were at her party tell me how bad the cake was...it was dry, tasted stale and was decorated terrible. They had slapped some blue frosting on and piped on 2 dolphins. They told me that my cupcakes were delicious, moist and were decorated so cute.

Best of all....Mrs. Wife didn't get any of the cupcakes because they disappeared so fast! This is mean, but it serves her right!

This calls for.....

http://sadtrombone.com/

Adorable cupcakes, and I don't blame you for a little bit of schadenfreude. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%