Purse Cake?

Decorating By madloveformattynay Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 2:43am by cakesrock

madloveformattynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madloveformattynay Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to do a Coach purse for my sister's 40th birthday next month. I am new to all of this, so pretty clueless in a lot of ways. I saw a tutorial for the LV type of bag, but I really wanted to make more of a realistic almost u-shaped bag. Does anyone know of any tutorials to help with this?

I did a practice run today using the WASC cake, and I think maybe I need a firmer cake. Also, she is having about 50 people at her party, and I'm not sure what size cakes I should be using. Thoughts?

Thanks for your input!!

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know of a particular one, but whenever I'm looking for instructions I always try three places: YouTube, Flickr and Google. Try putting in something like "coach purse cake video" and see what you get from them. If there's something on CC, it will show up on the Google search (maybe even when it won't show up in a search on CC). Good luck with your cake, and please let us see some pictures when you're done!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:43am
post #3 of 3

I think WASC is perfect for that type of cake. I use it for anything carved, stacked etc.. definitely dense enough. However, the Choc WASC is a different story and much more crumbly. I would use the Hershey choc cake in recipes.
I usually go to youtube for tutorials if I cannot find one in my search on here, as well. You could tweak almost any purse tutorial, however. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%