July Cookie Club 2010

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 5:39pm by bonniebakes

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:38pm
post #31 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

WOW! All of these cookies are so amazing! Way to go GeminiRJ, Drakegore, All4Cake & Endymion!

Well Said

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:44pm
post #32 of 62

Drakegore, I love the colors! What type of icing did you use? It looks so shiney.(wish mine would stay that way)

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 6:29pm
post #33 of 62

Drakegore, those are gorgeous! I always envy you guys who do such pristinely clean work!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 6:48pm
post #34 of 62

gorgeous cookies all of you.............as usual!!!!

Drakegore, how did you make the flowers...do you have a former/cutter set that pops them out perfectly like that?? (I really hope you do!! lol)

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #35 of 62

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got home from a 10-day trip, and the first thing I wanted to check on was the Cookie Club icon_wink.gif .

My husband gave me an idea for an independence cookie, but I think I'd better unpack and do laundry first before I bake!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 9:01pm
post #36 of 62

I absolutely love those flowers. How did you make them? Gorgeous cookies!

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm
post #37 of 62

All of these are beautifully done.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:44am
post #38 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

gorgeous cookies all of you.............as usual!!!!

Drakegore, how did you make the flowers...do you have a former/cutter set that pops them out perfectly like that?? (I really hope you do!! lol)

i SO have a former, lol. it's just the little silicone 5 petal former that has the top and bottom pieces. but i do NOT use the basic 5 petal cutter (really hate that cutter for some irrational reason). i have several other small 5 petal cutters that i use instead. i used either the bellflower or petunia cutter for these with modeling chocolate. i have used the same former with teeny tiny 5 petal cutters too. love that thing icon_smile.gif.

diane

drakegore Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:47am
post #39 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Drakegore, I love the colors! What type of icing did you use? It looks so shiney.(wish mine would stay that way)

thank you! i use toba's glace, slightly modified. she calls for 3/8 c. corn syrup and 3/8 c. water to 1lb PS. i use 1/4 cup instead (this is for my flood, i stiffen further for outline).

diane

luv2bake6 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:00am
post #40 of 62

where do you get your flower formers drakegore?

drakegore Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:25am
post #41 of 62

this is where i purchased my veiner/former:

http://www.decoratethecake.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=135

you can also get it at global with a cutter (this is not the cutter i use):

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19026&name=Blossom%20Set%20(SV-005)%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art

this is my favorite cutter to use with the veiner set:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20901&name=Bermuda%20Flower%20#3%20Cutter%20by%20GSA

diane

luv2bake6 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:12am
post #42 of 62

Thanks Diane!! I appreciate this info.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:00pm
post #43 of 62

Diane, your cookies are awesome! I love your clean, geometric design. And then you add on the flower for a soft, beautiful look. Very classy and sophisticated!

drakegore Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #44 of 62

thank you! i am in my "geometric period", lol. i can't seem to stop with the geometric shapes...i need to do a nice lady bug cookie or something icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:18pm
post #45 of 62

Thank you so much for the info on the cutters, I need to make some flowers similar to that for a wedding cake and you just made my life SO MUCH easier........can't thank you enough!!!

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm
post #46 of 62

drakegore, your flowers are beautiful. What are they made out of? fondant? modeling chocolate?

The one at decorate the cake says it's a 2 piece veiner, but the one at GSA says it's a double sided veiner. Do you know if these products are identical or if they are similar but actually different products or brands? It's hard to tell.

Thanks!

drakegore Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:19am
post #47 of 62

they are modeling chocolate. i always try to use MC instead of fondant when i can (tastier on a cookie to me).

they are the same thing, different brands. they are both two pieces that fit together sandwiching your cutout between them and veining it on both top and bottom of the flower. i bought the cheaper one to save money and because i do not like the set cutter and i have been thrilled with it.

there is a limitation on the size of the cutter, it cannot be more than 1.25" because the pressing of the veiners will leave an unsightly seam if any of the cutout extends outside of the veiner top and bottom.

so darn easy it's embarassing icon_smile.gif

diane

drakegore Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:20am
post #48 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Thank you so much for the info on the cutters, I need to make some flowers similar to that for a wedding cake and you just made my life SO MUCH easier........can't thank you enough!!!

your posts have helped me so many times that i am tickled pink that could help you!

diane

JGMB Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:11pm
post #49 of 62

I was whining to my husband that I couldn't think of an "independence" idea. He blurted out, "How about a burning bra?" So, I gave it a shot, but it didn't turn out nearly as good as it looked in my head. icon_wink.gif
LL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:14pm
post #50 of 62

LOL! and it came to your hubby? I think you did a great job on it! I love the flames!

JGMB Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:48pm
post #51 of 62

Thanks! Yeah, my husband's a hoot. icon_lol.gif

I'm seriously wanting to get better at this cookie thing, so if any of you would be willing to tell me what I could've done differently, I'd reeeaaaallly appreciate it. TIA!

drakegore Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:07pm
post #52 of 62

i love it! i think it came out great!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:31pm
post #53 of 62

HaHaHaHaHa! A burning bra....independence....great idea! Love the cookie!

luv2bake6 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #54 of 62

That is very funny!! kudos to hubby for the idea!!!!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:38pm
post #55 of 62

JGMB - too cute!

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:46pm
post #56 of 62

Dang it! I cannot see the picture. Did they remove it or something?

Sounds like a great idea!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 5:12pm
post #57 of 62

Finally I found this thread!! I've been traveling then I came back and couldn't find it for the life of me! icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 5:38pm
post #58 of 62

It looks like people are done posting for this month. icon_sad.gif I can hardly wait for August and a new theme!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:01pm
post #59 of 62

I was going to do something for this month, but I'm just going to wait till next month. Can't wait to find out the theme. Love all the cookies. They look great.

drakegore Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm
post #60 of 62

do we know what the theme for august is yet? i know there is another week to go, i am just excited, lol.
diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%