Ribbon On Buttercream/fondant

Decorating By c420 Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 11:55pm by mamawrobin

c420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c420 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sure there is already a thread about this but don't feel like combing through all the pages. What is the best approach to adding ribbon to a cake with buttercream? I have used ribbon before but depending on the ribbon it can show through and I'm wondering what method is used that is easiest that will prevent this. Thanks!

2 replies
IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 3

I attach clear transparent film(the one to laminate or to cover books), on the side it will touch the buttercream, you can buy it at Michaels or Walmart.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c420

I'm sure there is already a thread about this but don't feel like combing through all the pages. What is the best approach to adding ribbon to a cake with buttercream? I have used ribbon before but depending on the ribbon it can show through and I'm wondering what method is used that is easiest that will prevent this. Thanks!

I cut a strip of wax paper the same size as my ribbon and put that on my cake and tape together at the seam. Put your ribbon over the wax paper and use a corsage pin or pins to attach ends of ribbon together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%