Why Don't People Listen When You Say No?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 2:54am by susieqhomemaker

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #31 of 32

What blows me away is that she said, 'you can call me tomorrow' or something like that... She is still fishing for a yes! But seriously, that leaves you ONE DAY! 'You know, I hear you saying no today, but we will try again tomorrow'. Really crazy lady?? A no today, will NOT be a yes tomorrow.

My husbands best friend got engaged to a girl that we all thought was a little loony, so I avoided all talk of cakes hoping they wouldn't ask. A few months before the wedding (plenty of time) she asked, so we started emailing size and price etc. She couldn't even give me a guest count! Weeks would go by and I wouldn't hear from her, then when I would, it would be a completely different design.. GRRRR!

About 3 weeks before the wedding I gave her the final price quote (I wasn't letting her change the cake anymore) and she mentioned that she was hoping it would be our gift to them. WHAT!?!?!?! Like I said, loony. I just told her nicely, I keep business seperate from pleasure, and she can count on a nice gift off her registry.

(Oh yeah, it gets better) 6 days before the wedding, she sends me another email and informs me that they have changed the reception to the grooms home town of LAS VEGAS! I live in UTAH!! That's a 6 hour drive! She asked if dropping the cake off would be a problem. Needless to say I told her there would be no cake (I knew they wouldn't compensate me for my travel and board). She ended up telling her husband, who told my husband, she thought it was rude that I just dropped her like that so close to the wedding, now she has to order sheet cakes from Wal-mart. Her husband told my husband he was glad I told her no. Some people!

susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:54am
post #32 of 32

She is loony to think you would drive 6 hours without compensation! At least her husband was on your side. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%