P90X?!

Lounge By JaeRodriguez Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 4:01pm by JaeRodriguez

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:39am
post #1 of 17

Have you tried it? Have you finished it? How did you like it?! :] I am starting it this weekend, I have a 15 month old and a 2 and a half month old and I am trying to lose this baby weight! Any advice you have for me would be great!! I felt like I was dying just doing the fit test! :] Thanks Ladies and Gents!

16 replies
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:48am
post #2 of 17

What the heck is it?

JaeRodriguez Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 17

Haha sorry, posting in the middle of the night I left that out I guess! It's a workout DVD, but it's pretty extreme, I'm kinda scared that I wont be able to do it!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 17

One of the girls in the office has it...she about died after the 1st dvd! It's a tought workout...you need to be in decent shape before you start it from what I hear.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 17

I did the first three days of the LEAN routine, but then life got in the way. It was whipping my a** though. I have a 4yr old, 3 yr old, and 1 yr old, and am also trying to lose the baby weight.......still. It is hard but I definitely feel like if you stick too it you will lose the weight. I am gonna start back on Monday. Good Luck!!!!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 17

It great! I lost weight from 230 pounds to 110 in 3 years with weight watchers diet. I still had jelly belly from the weight loss. I started with pilates and after 6 months lost the hanging skin and purchased this workout. It is great!

I can do it at home on my own time. I still believe walking, and cardio will burn off weight though. Too tone muscles this is a great workout. Also watching your calories and staying away from junk food helps. I eliminated white sugar, white flour and junk food.

I miss decorating cakes and working part time in a bakery but my health is more important than having diabetic, thryoid and high blood pressure issues.

deedee1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee1120 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 17

I have P90X and my fiance and I did the 90 day routine, and we are now doing the Lean routine (but not following it as strictly).

It is definitely a butt-kicking video! I am used to working out on a daily basis so it was a bit easier for me to keep up with the videos. You must be willing to dedicate 60 minutes of each day for this purpose and be willing to push your limits.

I like this series because it gives you cardio and strength training. I didn't loose too much weight (I was only following the workout plan, not the eating plan), but I definitely toned up.

Good luck!

deedee1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee1120 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 17

I have P90X and my fiance and I did the 90 day routine, and we are now doing the Lean routine (but not following it as strictly).

It is definitely a butt-kicking video! I am used to working out on a daily basis so it was a bit easier for me to keep up with the videos. You must be willing to dedicate 60 minutes of each day for this purpose and be willing to push your limits.

I like this series because it gives you cardio and strength training. I didn't loose too much weight (I was only following the workout plan, not the eating plan), but I definitely toned up.

Good luck!

JaeRodriguez Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:30pm
post #9 of 17

I know you have to be in shape to start it, but the cool thing is tony says the whole time to stay at your own pace so even if I can only do one pull up at first I will be able to do more at the end, I'm going to take it really slow! I think that having two babies so close wacked up my metabolism I can't eat anything I used to without it showing up on the scale!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:19am
post #10 of 17

HI Jae-

Start out slow and yes, work at your own pace. Your will body will tell you if you are fatigue. Good luck!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 17

My partner has it and loves it! I am hoping down the road to be able to do it myself, but I need to get into working out in general first before I attempt it.

JaeRodriguez Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 1:28am
post #12 of 17

I started the first day today! :] I was only able to get through about half of the DVD but it felt good to get something done! It doesn't help that my hubby weighs 118 lbs soaking wet and is tinyyyy, we've been together since we were 14 and I've always been 10 lbs heavier then him and it never bothered me! BUT now I'm almost 30 lbs heavier and it bothers me now! (it doesn't help that my stomach looks like a mapquest map with all those stretch marks and well the "girls" are looking a little sad after two babies too!) But like I tell my hubby, if I have to trade my body for my babies I would do it again in a heartbeat! I just don't want to be unfit and unhealthy!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:17pm
post #13 of 17

I am a little intimidated by the P90X...so I just ordered the Zumba dvd series. Hope I am coordinated enough to keep up (two left feet!). icon_rolleyes.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:55am
post #14 of 17

I ordered P90X for my husband for Christmas. He works out regularly anyway, and he had a hard time getting through the entire workout series. It definitely works. We have used some of his other series' and lost weight and body fat. I'd definitely recommend it.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:52am
post #15 of 17

Yeah, it's hard, but it's good. I'm just starting, but I've already noticed my strength increasing. I'm not really in shape, so I go at my own pace, but after two weeks, I can do much more that I could at first. Finding the time with 2 little kids is actually the hardest part.

powerov5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
powerov5 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #16 of 17

I thought this was tough but check out Insanity, also from Beachbody. Just doing the warm up is insane (hence the name)! P90X is a great way to challenge your body for regular people like you and I since Tony lets you take a longer break if needed. Definately worth a try!

JaeRodriguez Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:01pm
post #17 of 17

I agree! I have had a lot of people tell me it's not for beginners but Tony tells you all the time to go at your own pace!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%