Need Some Help/ideas Here.

Decorating By cakegal Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 11:19am by jayarr

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 7

Doing wedding cake in Aug. for my son.
Flowers are stargaizer lillies and yellow and white daisies.
I was going to start at the top and put a lily with some daisies around it then cascade down over the side to the next layer and do the same thing only a little larger. I'm using the 3 tiered cake stand, and each cake stands on its own pillar.
MY problem...my soon to be DIL, gives me a cake topper she found online.
It's 2 pieces, and it's the bride holding a fishing rod which has the groom caught by the seat of his pants. This will take up the whole top cake just about....and will it look right??? Or do I have to come up with something else???
HELP!!! Any suggestions are highly needed and welcomed.

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 7

see if the topper could be part of his groom's cake. -- could do a whole fishing theme -- dock, lake or boat and lake or yacht and ocean.... lots of potential

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 7

Hmmm. If she wants the fishing figures on the top, then I'm afraid that's the brides choice. I would surround the base of the figures in the daisies, since they are smaller. Then arrange the stargazers and daisies cascading like you had planned.
The only other option is to include her topper at the cake base or a middle tier edge off to the side, so it's somewhere other than the top but still featured.

cakegal Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 7

The topper has to be part of the wedding cake. Groom gets his cupcake tower(that's another story)..
Would it look right on the next layer, off to the side???
I'm just having wedding cake block...and I can't picture it in my head....

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 7

or.....

since doing on 3 separate stands.....

could she be on middle one and he on bottom (long string)? or her on top most, him bottom most?

ie play up the she went fishing and look what she caught

cakegal Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for these ideas... I have a month to think what I'm going to do.

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:19am
post #7 of 7

Wedding cake charms are symbolic. They are used for good luck. To pull the wedding cake charms from the cake is an old tradition. These charms are available in various shapes, sizes and colors. They are made up of gold silver, glass, alloys, etc. A star, butterfly, cupid, heart, bells; doves are the popular choices of wedding cake charms. The wedding cake charms are tied to a stain ribbon and then they are inserted in the layers of wedding cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%