Guitar

Decorating By sharebear_11 Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 2:44am by Cookie050

sharebear_11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharebear_11 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to do a Hannah Montana themed guitar shaped birthday cake. Does anyone know how to shape the cake into a guitar? Is there a pattern out there I can follow? Thank you for your help.

8 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 9

find a picture of any guitar you like.

copy it and paste into any paint or drawing program or in to Word or MS Publisher.

change page size to be big enough.

enlarge photo to size needed.

print it out

cut it out.

tah-dip: you've got a template

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:23am
post #3 of 9

when I made my guitar cake I drew it life-sized on a few papers taped together, fixed up the shape until I got it perfect, then cut it out. I then traced it onto thick oak tag, cut that out and had a template. After the cakes were cooled, I put the template on top and holding the knife perpendicular and as STRAIGHT as possible, gently cut out the cake shape - easy peasy.
LL

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:58am
post #4 of 9

I just drew a template on some wax paper that I had cut to the size of my pan, so that I'd utilize as much of the cake as possible. I filled and stacked two layers of an 11x15 sheet cake and placed my wax paper template over it, and carved around it. I used the same technique with my t-shirt cake, and butterfly cake and it's quick and easy and works for me. HTH!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:04am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeropanda

I just drew a template on some wax paper that I had cut to the size of my pan, so that I'd utilize as much of the cake as possible. I filled and stacked two layers of an 11x15 sheet cake and placed my wax paper template over it, and carved around . It's quick and easy and works for me. HTH!

Ditto. But I found if you get into making intricate tuners/keys etc.. it is a lot of work. I would go simpler than I did on my first. I found using the extruder with grey fondant made perfect strings. Then I dry dusted with silver lustre dust for a realistic look (in my photos)

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 9

Good ideas

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 9

I did what Aeropanda did for the pattern.
I also did what cakesrock did for the strings, except that I put a piece of aluminum foil over most of the holes in the extruder disk so I only got two strands coming out at the same time. It was easier to keep them separated. I tried the uncovered disk, and the strands all kept sticking together.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 9

I made 2 11x13 cakes, and one 8" round (which was tricky b/c the heights were different, but it was easier to create curves) I stacked the two sheet cakes, and carved then round end, then placed the round cakes at the round parts on the guitar, and carved it up! See my pic in my profile

does that make sense? It's kind of hard to explain how to do that one...[/img]

Cookie050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie050 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:44am
post #9 of 9

Could someone help me, I would like to know what could be the cause of my cake tasting femented when I wet the cake with licor syrup (this is when the cake sits for one day) and I taste other cake that sits two or more days and its wet and it dosent taste femented. When I say wet I mean soaked it the syrup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%