Best Way To Make Pearls

Decorating By christephenie Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm by BlakesCakes

christephenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christephenie Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 7

Ive seen several devices for making pearls, which is best? I use a silicone mold for making pearl borders (flat on one side) and love it. Now im looking to make round pearls that i can string or use individually. THANKS[/list]

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:17am
post #2 of 7

Roll out your paste to an even thickness (thru a pasta machine is best). Take a round tip and punch out a bunch of circles. Roll them into pearls. Let them air dry so they'll hold their shape and then store in a container.

HTH
Rae

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 7

I found another quick way, I roll fondant into a long rope, then cut little nubs and they're already almost in a round shape, just roll in your hand to get them all the way round

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:17am
post #4 of 7

I saw one on ebay for $17. Looks like you can make a set of pearls.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:52am
post #5 of 7

mbark...that is the way I do it too. I have a little tupperware bowl I use to keep them in. I just add a bit of pearl dust and shake them up. Just made some this past weekend for a wedding cake I did.

christephenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christephenie Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for suggetions! I will try all of them. If I want to string the pearl should i let them set over night and what is best was to string them?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, let them dry to the touch before stringing. I use unflavored dental floss (if the pearls are somewhat large) or cotton thread if they're smaller.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%