Can I Layer These Two Cake Recipes?

Decorating By divinecc Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm by divinecc

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 3

I am making cupcakes for a baby shower tomorrow and would like to layer the WASC recipe and the Strawberry Cake recipe(http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4403/strawberry-cake) I have made the WASC recipe many times and I know its dense, the strawberry cake recipe I have not tried and it does not have sour cream, etc so I am wondering if they will bake evenly? I also thought maybe the strawberry cake recipe was more dense because of the jello. I just don't want a dense layer, then a weird light fluffy layer.... I really would like to use real strawberries instead of flavoring that's why I chose that recipe. Any help would be much appreciated! I am using vanilla bean buttercream frosting to top! Thanks
P.S. Would I need to refrigerate because of the fresh fruit?

2 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 3

I would layer them. i don't see a reason why you couldn't. I would expect different textures from different flavors of cake layered into one cake.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I'm new and just need some reassurance. I am making the cupcakes the night before and frosting and delivering the next day. Do you think I should refrigerate them or can I put in a tupperware and leave on counter overnight...?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%