What Has Been Your Most Effective Advertising

Business By Crustymuffin Updated 17 Nov 2014 , 6:28pm by antonia74

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:06am
post #31 of 34

Word to the wise, there are a lot of marketing salesmen that respond to a press release of an opening business. It can be challenging weeding them out. icon_confused.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:33am
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustymuffin

Word to the wise, there are a lot of marketing salesmen that respond to a press release of an opening business. It can be challenging weeding them out. icon_confused.gif

the yellow pages people are the WORST!!

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 5:36pm
post #33 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonia74 

The best business advertising I ever did was my first. I took about 6 of my photos to the printers and they made me up a high-end "pop-up" flier pretty cheaply. (I think I got 200 for $300?) I didn't want just a 3-fold pamphlet that people might glance at and throw away. This one folded out at 4 angles and was really cute, simple and fun!

To save money, I took them home and cut them all out, folded and mailed them myself to all the local wedding planners and venues I could find listed in the phone book and online. Every time I found a new planner, I'd mail them one to introduce myself.

The business that poured in from just that $300 investment was enough for me to quit my job and do this full-time! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

If I'd had a car at that time though, I'd have gone with those decals for sure! I'd have plastered it with my logo and web address. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Hi...what is a pop up flyer?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 6:28pm
post #34 of 34

It was a flyer that had four sides that opened up to reveal photos and words like "cakes", "cookies", "novelty cakes". Imagine a piece of paper shaped like a plus sign (+)? I made it interactive so that the customer was way more interested to open it all up and to see the surprises inside!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%