4Th Of July/17 Year Olds Birthday

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 11:09am by jayarr

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 10

i have know idea what cake to make for a 17 year old whos birthday is on the 4th of july please help

9 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:20am
post #2 of 10

It should be a birthday cake not 4th of July cake. I'm sorry you could do what you want. I'm just saying this because there has been discussions from members here about having holiday birthdays. They never get acknowledged properly (because they have to share it with a holiday like Christmas) like others do on a non holiday date like. Then again he might be expecting and wanting a 4th of July cake.

yummy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:26am
post #3 of 10

Can you ask him; find out what he likes, favorite colors...
Here's one in the colors not really saying the 4th.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1713803.html

yummy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:28am
post #4 of 10

Here's another one. Just eliminate the spider man decorations and the ribbon roses.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1692197.html

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #5 of 10

Well I'm a Christmas Eve baby, and while I have never minded (ok, actually enjoyed) Christmas themed birthday cakes over the years, mostly I think, because that's what my mom had made for me. I do think I would get sick to death of red, white, and blue. I mean if that's what has been asked for, then you have to do it, but if it is your choice I'd go another route.

...or maybe just another color scheme. Like, if it's a girl pink fireworks, or a boy green & blue fireworks. Just MHO.

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 10

My granddaughter's b-day is on the 4th of July. I asked my daughter what kind of cake I should make for her (she'll be 3). She specifically said NO 4th of July theme. She agrees it would take away from her special day. So I guess I'm making a cake that has nothing to do with the 4th of July. But since he is older, maybe you should just ask what he prefers.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:30pm
post #7 of 10

Of course could do a take on George M. Cohen, also born on the 4th of July.

"I'm A Yankee Doodle Dandy"

----

big broken firecracker -- Have a bang of a Birthday

----

Quizzical looking face -- What? All These Fireworks aren't for ME!?!?! Get REAL!

----

fireworks theme -- YES, I (YOU) are that special!!! Happy Birthday!

----

Rocket theme: T-1 to 18 and FREEDOM!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 10

My son will be 19 on the 5TH of July. Still don't know what his cake is going to look like. I'm baking today but haven't decided on a "theme". I have to agree with yummy on it being a "birthday" cake and NOT a "holiday" cake. My birthday is two days after Christmas and I have had more "Christmas themed" birthday cakes than I care to remember. If you want to make a cake for the Forth of July...that's fine..but in my opinion the birthday cake shouldn't necessarily reflect the holiday that it falls on or is close to.

Just my humble opinion icon_smile.gif

aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

My son will be 19 on the 5TH of July. Still don't know what his cake is going to look like. I'm baking today but haven't decided on a "theme". I have to agree with yummy on it being a "birthday" cake and NOT a "holiday" cake. My birthday is two days after Christmas and I have had more "Christmas themed" birthday cakes than I care to remember. If you want to make a cake for the Forth of July...that's fine..but in my opinion the birthday cake shouldn't necessarily reflect the holiday that it falls on or is close to.

Just my humble opinion icon_smile.gif

I third this!! My mom's birthday is the 4th and I was trying to decide on the design and my DH keeps telling me.. just do a 4th of July cake!! Of course I keep telling him NOOOOOO.. that its her birthday and no one wants a holiday cake on their birthday!

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:09am
post #10 of 10

You don't have to be a professional cake maker in order to create amazing homemade birthday cakes. If you've got the motivation to create your own birthday cakes.Just work on the theme before having it being baked .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%