Is It Possible To Please Everyone??

Decorating By Xpressions Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 9:38pm by artscallion

Xpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xpressions Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 9

Last year, I started making all my cakes homemade icon_biggrin.gif . I had a hard time at first, but I found a great recipe. The quality of my cakes has really improved, but there always seems to be someone that is not satisfied. What should I do? icon_sad.gif

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 9

Learn that you really can't please everyone. If you are happy with your product and the majority of the people that eat yoru cakes are happy, then you just have to learn not to let those that aren't bug you so much.

50 people can go to the same place to eat and while most may love the food there will always be a few that don't for this or that reason. It is just life.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

Is it possible to please everyone??

No.

It's like that old saying "A jack of all trades and a master of none".

If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.  ---Margaret Thatcher Which means ...... You can't please everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 9

Take the comments to heart and see what you can do to improve. What kind of comments are they making? Too dry? Make adjustments to make it moister. Flavor, try adding different flavoring.

But know as well no one can make everyone happy.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 9

To answer your question, "No."

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 9

It's never possible to please EVERYONE. If you try too hard to do that, quality and originality goes down. Honestly, you don't want to try to please everyone. You'll drive yourself crazy that way.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 9

No.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 9

We have three kids. I can count on one hand the number of dinners I've made that got approval from all three of them. Everyone gets a turn with their favorites, but somebody is always unhappy.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 9

My MIL always says my cakes are so rich or so sweet. Do I adjust my recipes? No. that's her personal taste. As long as I know what my cakes are and they are what I want them to be. let the world love 'em or hate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%