Thank You, Dmj69 And Indydebi!

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 6:29am by mamawrobin

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:17am
post #1 of 8

... for your awesome buttercream MMF and buttercream recipes! I made them both for the first time yesterday. I was so happy to find a high heat/humidity buttercream, and making fondant is a big step for me! They were both so easy to make, and they taste great!
Attached are pics of my white cuppies filled with white chocolate ganache and topped with indydebi's buttercream recipe! they're so yummy! as you can see, I'm not to the point of making some of the more fancy decorations, but I'm happy with my first effort!
I love this board!

Maria
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #2 of 8

I know isn't Indydebi's recipe the stuff? Our humidity is so high and it's the only icing that I can use most of the year. I also love how it taste and how easy it is to make.

MariaK38 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #3 of 8

it IS awesome!
and mamawrobin, I'm pretty sure I used your ganache recipe. sorry I forgot to credit you! icon_biggrin.gif

Maria

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I know isn't Indydebi's recipe the stuff? Our humidity is so high and it's the only icing that I can use most of the year. I also love how it taste and how easy it is to make.

Ditto!!! I also love the fact that the longer you let the mixer beat the crap out of it, the fluffier and yummier it gets (without having air bubbles!). icon_biggrin.gif

OP, great cupcakes btw!!!

Bean123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bean123 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

it IS awesome!
and mamawrobin, I'm pretty sure I used your ganache recipe.

I was just wondering if I could get your ganache recipe?!?!

Thanks
Colleen

MariaK38 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 8

sure...

12 oz white chocolate (I used Nestle chips)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 TB butter
2 TB granulated sugar

Heat cream, butter, and sugar to boiling. Pour over white chocolate. Let sit for 5 min. then stir from the center out until smooth. Cover and leave on counter for 24 hours. (Or some refrigerate for one hour and then whip it). Pour/spread on cake or whip to make filling.

Bean123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bean123 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #7 of 8

Awesome! thanks!!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 6:29am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

it IS awesome!
and mamawrobin, I'm pretty sure I used your ganache recipe. sorry I forgot to credit you! icon_biggrin.gif

Maria

No need to credit me for that..but thank you anyway.... thumbs_up.gif

I agree with you emrldsky...you can beat the absolute crap out of this icing and air bubbles are never an issue. Never have been for me anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%