Family "iron Chef" - Secret Ingred Canned Cranberr

Lounge By 3boys2anglz Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 9:31am by karateka

3boys2anglz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boys2anglz Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 2

Ladies and gentlemen:

I need to pick your creative brains. For the 4th of July, we are having an Iron Chef type competition and the secret ingredient is canned cranberry sauce. I need to have several ideas because won't know until the day before which of the following is my cooking venue: Stove, Oven, Grill, Fire pit, Microwave or Panini maker.

I have to use the entire can of sauce in my dish. My initial thought was to do something patriotic like blueberry or blackberry shortcake with a cranberry sauce over it but shortcakes would be tough to make in the microwave. One of my other thoughts would be to make cranberry ice cream (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cranberry-Ice-Cream) but am wondering if I can substitute the cranberry sauce for the first 4 ingredients.

The competition is on because I am competing against my husband and he won last time. I am open to any ideas you can throw out there. Plating and presentation is a big part of it so feel free to share some creative ways to plate them also.

I want to blow this out of the water!

1 reply
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:31am
post #2 of 2

That's a toughie since you have to use the whole can. Got no clue on the panini maker side of things. Go with God on that one!

Grill would be easier...you could marinate or baste a chunk of poultry
oven easier still...braising a bit of poultry...baked good of some type...glaze for something
microwave... tough one. I don't use my microwave a whole lot. Maybe you could use it to melt it down...make a pitcher of cranberry margaritas or something using the resultant product? Sorry...just spitballing there.
Fire pit....seems like a glaze for a roast or something there. or use to make a BBQ sauce? Dump cake?
stovetop...ice cream base...any of above applications....use to combine with gelatin to make one of those jello mold things. I hate them, but some people dig them. use to make candy? I don't do hard candy, but it would be worth a recipe search.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%