Cake Jewels - Swarvoski Crystals

Decorating By lucia Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 1:05pm by dsilvest

lucia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucia Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 7

I have had a request for the use of swarvoski crystals to be used on the plaque of a cake, my 1st question is where do I get them from (I am in Australia) and my 2nd question is how would I secure them onto the plaque.

I know someone here will be able to help me

With thanks Lucia

6 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 7

I don't use swarvoski crystals, but I attach the ones I use with a bit of royal icing or tylose disolved in water.

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

Try Fire Mountain. They have a great web site and ship all over the world. I order from them A LOT as I also make jewelry.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 7

I used to make jewelry and liked to order my crystals & beads from Brightlings Beads. Their prices are great, there's no minimum order, and you get free shipping if the order is over $25. Most sites have a much higher free shipping $ amount.

lucia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucia Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks to all of you...

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 7

Try www.beadcharm.com.au - I've ordered from them a few times and always been impressed, postage not too high and very quick to dispatch. They stock all kinds but the ones I've used on cake before are the non-hot fix flat backed crystals.

You can stick them on with sugar glue - I wouldn't use royal icing as it would ooze out around the crystals.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 7

If you are careful and make just the smallest dot of royal there is no oozing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%