Cake Bulging And Leaning - Should/how To Fix

Decorating By aa053103 Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 2:29am by mcdonald

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #1 of 3

I have a cake that is being picked up tomorrow 9am. I have time to fix whatever I can now. I'm afraid to go to bed and in the morning find to have the fondant cracked or etc. I have some bulging on the one side more than the other. I sometimes get it but this is extreme. I don't know if I should try to put another dowel underneath to maybe hold up the weight of the top cake. I'm nervous and I want to fix it without making it worse before it gets bad if that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

(Yes I did let the cake settle overnight. I always do. I'm not sure if it has to do with the warm weather here in Miami)

2 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:08am
post #2 of 3

you cake dam may have been to close to the edge and the heat may have softened your icing so that it is oozing out depsite letting it settle. If you can you might want to redo that layer, remove the excess icing from the side and refondant.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:29am
post #3 of 3

I agree.. sounds like you need to redo that layer... doesn't sound like it will make it through the night. Are your supports holding up okay?? what do you use for support? I would also make sure you have it in a room that is cool enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%