I Need A Cyber Hug

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 12:11am by Kellbella

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 21

Just dropped off a wedding cake that makes me want to barf! I'm so disgusted with myself, this cake sucks!!!! The top tier is totally leaning/crooked/off center whatever you want to call it. I don't know what happened. I use bubble tea straws and have made several stacked cakes before and have NEVER had a problem like this. I just want to hang up my piping bag, eat a whole bag of M&M's and cry myself to sleep. icon_cry.gif[/img] And to top off the day...my cake on board magnet fell off of my car somewhere...somehow... on the way to or home from the venue not sure which. I really want this day to end. Thanks for listening to me bitch...my poor hubby's tired of hearing me whine icon_redface.gif

20 replies
Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:38am
post #2 of 21

Dang it icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif can't figure out how to post the pic!!! I can't do anything right today icon_cry.gif [/img]

kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:42am
post #3 of 21

big cyber hugs. Today is just one day and it will soon be over and tomorrow will be better.

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:45am
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

Dang it icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif can't figure out how to post the pic!!! I can't do anything right today icon_cry.gif [/img]

awww I AM SO SORRY HUN!!! ((((((( HUGS))))))))
sometimes, things dont go as we plan....today was just one of those days for ya...are you burnt out? have been way too busy? perhaps it is time for you to take a breather...
Go snuggle with your sweet hubby and put away that bag of M&Ms...it wont do you any good !!!
Again...think of positive things in life! Thank God for the blessings and steer away from frustrations.
I will say a quick prayer for your heart
- h

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:48am
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

BTW! I went on your blog..I LOVE IT!!!

Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:49am
post #6 of 21

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Dell End User\\My Documents\\My Pictures\\dig cam pics\\dig camC:\\Documents and Settings\\Dell End User\\My Documents\\My Pictures\\dig cam pics\\dig cam pics 579.jpg pics 579.jpg

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:51am
post #7 of 21

If it is the BC basket weave with blue daisies it looks great to me! I don't see the problem.

Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:57am
post #8 of 21

O.K. I'm through with trying to upload the pic...it was the basketweave design with the blue gerber daisies. That pic is the good one...I didn't put the view from the side picture on here...that's where you can really tell it's leaning too far back. Thanks for the encouragement ladies...I feel better already icon_biggrin.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:58am
post #9 of 21

We have ALL had those days. Try not to stress too much, eat your M&M's if that helps (well, maybe not the WHOLE bag), watch some tv and just give yourself some down time.

Cake is an imperfect medium at best and some days the cake wins. Hopefully, you can take a break for a few days, my view is generally a bit brighter then. Sending you a hug, I have certainly been there! icon_smile.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 12:59am
post #10 of 21

I think that it looks great too AND someone made it their favorite. We can't be perfect all of the time. Sending a cyber hug!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:02am
post #11 of 21

Kellbella, I'm sending you another hug. {{{{ hug}}}} I think that you are your own worst critic. I think that that cake is beautiful! You definitely do not need to give up! icon_smile.gif

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:27am
post #12 of 21

HUG<HUG<HUG!!! And you are being way too hard on yourself, the cake was great! And I sneaked a peek at the groom's cake which was a work of art! This day and your "breakdown" will be over and tomorrow you will creat another masterpiece! More Hugs!

menas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
menas Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #13 of 21

The cake is beautiful! And the grooms cake too! You are obviously very talented, (I looked at your photos, that jungle cake, wow!) Anyway what I was trying to say is, give yourself a break you can't have perfection all the time! Go ahead & eat the M&M's, but as a reward.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:49am
post #14 of 21

Nothing wrong with your cake, its great!!!!! I'm having an "off" cake day myself.... I guess it happens! I'm sure they loved it!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:03am
post #15 of 21

sending hugs and m&m's.

Kellbella Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #16 of 21

Thanks so much to all my cake friends for the kinds words and hugs, I really appreciate it icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:35pm
post #17 of 21

BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU SWEETIE! I had an off day this weekend with a wedding cake myself, so don't feel bad! It just wasn't our weekend my cake sister! But........there's' always this week to make up for it! Take care!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:46pm
post #18 of 21

*thwack*

That is me smacking some sense into you! icon_lol.gif

Ok, I'll give you the hug too, but try not to be so hard on yourself. The cake is VERY pretty, and sometimes a little lean happens. I am SO diggin' the golf ball you made. Totally sweet!

I adore basketweave even though some think it's a little old fashioned looking. When it's done well it looks amazing IMHO! And yours is very well done! I did a basketweave with Gerbera daisies about 2 years ago and it remains one of my bright and colorful favorites!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #19 of 21

Well, that's it, hang up your spatula, you're done like dinner! Just kidding sweetie.

I think it's a lovely cake and can't see a darn thing wrong with it. Maybe it has a little lean to it, it's beautiful. We are our own worst critics you know. What you see as the leaning tower of pisa, most people wouldn't even notice. Don't be so hard on youself.

Edited to drop off that hug you asked for (((((HUG)))))

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:54pm
post #20 of 21

If I had made that cake it would have been in my "best of" files! You really are too hard on yourself and are very talented!

Kellbella Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 12:11am
post #21 of 21

Thanks again ladies for the encouragement, compliments and hugs. icon_smile.gif I'm feeling much better and ready to get back into the kitchen. I have 2 cakes due this coming weekend and hopefully things will be better. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%