$100 Off Cricut Cake At Michaels -- Sunday Only

Decorating By we2texans Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 7:41pm by newmansmom2004

we2texans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
we2texans Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 12

I just got an email newsletter saying that on Sunday only from 4:00 - 8:00 PM, the Cricut Cake will be $100 off -- $299 instead of $399.

Actually, now I'm not so sure the Cricut is limited to those four hours because it also says "For a Limited Time Only. While supplies last."

So it may be on sale now.

Anyhoo -- just wanted to share in case anyone wants to save some money whose itching to get the Cricut Cake.

11 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 7:53am
post #2 of 12

Thank you for the info icon_smile.gif

MKinPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKinPA Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 12

My local Michaels made a big boo boo when posting their sale price 3 weeks ago, they posted it as $199 and I bought it. The manager said it was their fault so she gave it to me at that cost. I got a heck of a deal!
The only problem is I'd like to see a demonstration on the machine and Michaels doesn't have anyone at any of their stores within a 50 mile radius of me that even knows how to turn the machine on!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 12

GSA was having a Cricut Cake blowout sale for $299. I've seen it on sale other places as well. I'm thinking that 1) a lot of people returned the ones they bought a month ago and the stores are oversupplied, and 2) people are finding out the Cricut is not the be-all, end-all in cake decorating.

I consider my Cricut to be a big, expensive paperweight.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 12

This is the second time in a couple of weeks I've seen them advertising that "One Day Only" sale on the Cricut. I'm with Leah. I think they have a lot more in stock than they expected due to returns.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:54am
post #6 of 12

I actually canceled my pre-order a month before it was to come out. I really haven't felt that I missed out on anything. Bought an airbrush instead and LOVE it!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKinPA

My local Michaels made a big boo boo when posting their sale price 3 weeks ago, they posted it as $199 and I bought it. The manager said it was their fault so she gave it to me at that cost. I got a heck of a deal!
The only problem is I'd like to see a demonstration on the machine and Michaels doesn't have anyone at any of their stores within a 50 mile radius of me that even knows how to turn the machine on!

If you have a Jo-Ann Fabrics near you they may be running the same Cricut cake tutorial video that ours has been running. You can just stand in the store and watch it. If you don't see it, you might ask them if they have it.

newmansmom2004 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:06am
post #8 of 12

BTW, did anyone else see the Martha Stewart Cricut Cake and cartridges on HSN a few days ago? It's the Cricut cake (white in color) and has exclusive MS cartridges that, I believe, can only be purchased thru HSN with the machine. I didn't watch the whole thing so maybe you can get the cartridges separately, but I think only thru HSN.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:35am
post #9 of 12

if anyone sees or hears of the cutting mats or accesories going on sale let me know. i think having 3 or 4 mats is key. I had read that you can use the flexible cutting mats/chopping boards that you would use in the kitchen come in a 4pk of differant colours. but they are just a little thicker then the cricut mat and im afraid they will hurt the rollers that grab the mats.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 12

I'm going to sell mine for $250 and just use the expression.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 12

I watched the hsn clip on the Martha Stewart Cricut. It is white and has specific Martha Stewart cartridges for it. Although I liked the cartridges, I was getting nauseas at the reps telling people how they decorated the cakes in an hour. They also mentioned how you could sell the cakes and make your money back on the cricut machine 4 times over. Of course all there's cakes were pre-iced and perfectly stacked.

Yup, better believe 90% of those cricuts will be returned also .

newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 7:41pm
post #12 of 12

[quote="Tug"]I watched the hsn clip on the Martha Stewart . It is white and has specific Martha Stewart cartridges for it. Although I liked the cartridges, I was getting nauseas at the reps telling people how they decorated the cakes in an hour. They also mentioned how you could sell the cakes and make your money back on the machine 4 times over. /quote]

And I'll bet not once did they mention to check with your local authorities to make sure it's LEGAL to sell cakes you make at home! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%