Athoora Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 3

Dear All, where I stay all of this is not available:
Gum Trag
Gum Tex
Gum Arabic
CMC Powder
& the Liquid Glucose

so I always make MMF, but no matter how much of icing sugar I add its still not enough for me to make figures, I do have dried egg white powder and cream of tartar though, is it possible to add them in anyway to the MMF to make it into a modeling paste? please answer me ASAP as I'm gonna need to start my work in about 12 hours, Thank you!

icon_cry.gif

2 replies
auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 3

Easy Pastillage [Modelling material]
1 package of plain gelatin [3 ts]
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1 cup cornstarch
Sift the powdered sugar and cornstarch together. In a small saucepan, place water and cream of tartar in, then sprinkle the plain gelatin over the top. Stir over low heat until dissolved. There may be an amount of cream of tartar that doesnt dissolve, just be sure no amount of gelatin is left undissolved.
Remove from heat and add to bowl of stand up mixer, like a Kitchen-Aid.
Put on a paddle attachment and with low speed, add in the dry ingredients mixing spoonful by mixing spoonful (couple of tablespoons at a time or so) at a time. When all is incorporated, switch to medium speed until mixture is lightened and very white, about 3 minutes.
Remove from bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for half an hour before rolling out.
Drys quickly - dries hard ..

Athoora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Athoora Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 9:34am
post #3 of 3

I'll try this now, Thank you so much!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%