Ideas For Storage Area...

Business By emrldsky Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 1:12pm by emrldsky

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 4

So, now that I can legally bake in my home, I want to get my storage area organized a bit more, so I can have large quantities of many of my supplies. However, my storage area is under our stairs (we call it "Harry Potter's Room"). It's also the kind where the door is at the back, not the side (i.e., it's deeper than it is wide). The biggest obstacle, is the fact that the ceiling slopes down toward the back.

Anyone have any ideas on how to best utilize this space? My thought was to try and install wire shelving on both sides, but the closet is only about 3 inches deep from the door on each side, so they can't be too deep.

This is where the door is located, so you can get an idea of how wide the room is itself.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecases/3677902129/in/set-72157620673951119/

The best thing about this is...it's mine, all mine. icon_smile.gif Not a lot of room, but it's mine! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
JayyBugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayyBugg Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 4

i have the same thing where im staying.

you could do a shelving unit to fit into the back so it could be deeper for your bigger objects. then depending on if yours is tall enough do a long ring around the top for what you dont use that often or extras. then for the sides either do thin shelves or maybe just one side have one of those build your own cubby things from walmart?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 4

My son's closet is like that. The only thing I can think of is to put your stuff in totes. At least that way it would be easy to pull stuff out of there. I know whenever I need to find something in there, I am on my hands and knees crawling back in there and tossing things behind me as I go.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

My son's closet is like that. The only thing I can think of is to put your stuff in totes. At least that way it would be easy to pull stuff out of there. I know whenever I need to find something in there, I am on my hands and knees crawling back in there and tossing things behind me as I go.

I have a couple of totes in there, but then I have to move a tote off another to get to what I want, and it frustrates me, lol.

Thanks everyone!! I think I'm going to sketch out the room, take measurements, and head to Lowes or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%