Want Your Own Cake Show?

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 8:20pm by ksmith1012

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 27

I'm not interested on being on TV (nor do I feel my work is good enough to be), but I thought there is a LOT of talent here on CC, and figured I'd pass the word on.

The creators of Cake Boss (show, not software) want a new competition series. More information here:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/cake-boss/casting.html

Happy caking!

26 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 27

That's great! I know there are a lot of CCers here that would rock that show!

JayyBugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayyBugg Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 27

i wish... maybe in a couple years...

andysprite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andysprite Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 27

"FROM TLC AND THE CREATORS OF "CAKE BOSS" COMES A NEW BAKING COMPETITION SERIES.

ARE YOU THE NEXT GREAT CAKE ARTIST?

(Mod edited for copyright material. Please see link above.)

I like the "no culinary experience required" part. icon_smile.gif Sounds to me like this might be a show for those that are more intermediate as opposed to professional.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 27

There are a handful of people on CC that I would recommend, amazing talent here!!

I would HATE someone to videotape me making a cake lol.....they'd be like, what's she doing........is she purposefully powdering her whole shirt with the powdered sugar??? LOL I make SUCH a mess!!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 27

I'll never be good enough to have my own show or to even be on one icon_lol.gif but there are a few members of cc that I, like Tina, would recommend. thumbs_up.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 27

That might be a really interesting show. I agree, lots of talent on this board. If I was younger and thought I was talented enough I would definitely go for it. What a wonderful learning opportunity!

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 27

I sent in my video application last night. I am crossing my finger's! If you want to see my give lots of love and appreciation to the Cake Central family you can see my video at

" rel="nofollow">

I am really hoping for this. It would change my life and new business!

andysprite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andysprite Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by brea1026

I sent in my video application last night. I am crossing my finger's! If you want to see my give lots of love and appreciation to the Cake Central family you can see my video at

" rel="nofollow">

Your video is great and your work is beautiful! Good luck to you! Did they contact you for an interview? How does the process work?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:07pm
post #10 of 27

Good Luck!! Your cake are gorgeous and your work is great!

brea1026 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 27

Thanks! I found the casting call on TLC late thursday night and I spent 3 1/2 hours filling it out. I sent it in at like 1 in the morning and got a call at 10:30am the next day! They said they liked my cakes and story and wanted me to make a video of me in my shop and gave a list of questions to answer.

It is really strange talking about myself like that, but I guess you have to do it. =-) I know that they are planning on having all 10 cast members picked in the next few weeks.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:49pm
post #12 of 27
Quote:

Thanks! I found the casting call on TLC late thursday night and I spent 3 1/2 hours filling it out. I sent it in at like 1 in the morning and got a call at 10:30am the next day! They said they liked my cakes and story and wanted me to make a video of me in my shop and gave a list of questions to answer.

It is really strange talking about myself like that, but I guess you have to do it. =-) I know that they are planning on having all 10 cast members picked in the next few weeks.

Oh I'm so excited for you!!!! I hope you make it through!!! Btw, loved your article in the latest CC. icon_biggrin.gif

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 27

Keep us informed, ok? All the best in your new adventure!
icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 12:06am
post #14 of 27

Best of luck to you, I really wish I could watch the show, I'm pretty sure you will get in, you do beautiful stuff

brea1026 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 4:20am
post #15 of 27

Thank you all for the support. I really have no idea what personality type they are looking for. All I know is that my family is going through a really rough time right now and we could really use a little hope...

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:52am
post #16 of 27

Heck no, not me. I like staying under the radar. Best of luck to those that go for it.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 5:58am
post #17 of 27

Good luck. Your cakes and interview are great. Your family must be so proud. I think you have it in the bag. You are personable, knowledgeable, creative, and just adorable! Whats not to like?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:31am
post #18 of 27
Quote:

" rel="nofollow">

watched, and must say absolutely fabulous. You have got it in the bag!! good luck, tho i dont think you are going to need it. thumbs_up.gif

jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 8:50am
post #19 of 27

brea1026, you rock! Your avatar pic is amazing, I can't believe you did all the piping with a baggy. I learn so much on this site. Good luck to you and anyone else who enters!

I would love to have a show one day!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 7:52pm
post #20 of 27

I would love to do it but that part about being gone 4 - 5 weeks starting in September knocks me out. Too many cake orders and I'm a one-woman show with hubby helper.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 8:28pm
post #21 of 27

Ooooh! I wanna nominate Rylan. He'd be perfect.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 10:12pm
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitchenKat

Ooooh! I wanna nominate Rylan. He'd be perfect.

He's the first one to cross my mind when i read this. thumbs_up.gif There is so much talent here on cc...I'd hate to know that I had to choose just 10.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:37am
post #23 of 27

Good luck Brea - but I think you have it in the bag too! icon_smile.gif You are an amazing talent!!

I agree - it would be hard to pick the others from all of the talent that is on here!

brea1026 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 4:09am
post #24 of 27

Thank you all so much for the kind words of encouragement!

I promise to let you all know as soon as I know!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 5:45am
post #25 of 27

brea1026, I would definitely watch your show. I just wish those shows would show a little more technique. They always seem to cut away right before the technique is shown. As if the pros don't already know how to do it and one of us newcomers may see how they smooth fondant on a difficult cake and suddenly become their competition. Even the non-cakers watching must get frustrated about "how did they do that".

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:35pm
post #26 of 27

Good luck!

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:20pm
post #27 of 27

Great interview Brea! You seem very genuine and your talent is amazing! I really enjoyed your tips and tricks. Thanks for sharing! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%