Looking For Cherry Cola Cake Recipe

Decorating By 2SchnauzerLady Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm by mamawrobin

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 6

I saw Cupcake Wars for the first time, and I would like to try the Cherry Cola cupcakes that were baked in ice cream cones. Anyone have a good recipe where the cherry flavor won't get lost? The only one I've seen is cake mix subbing cherry cola for the liquid and adding cocoa powder. TIA!

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 6

I have a scratch recipe for a coca-cola cake. Maybe you could sub the cherry coke for the regular? I've got to pm it to someone else...I'll send it to you as well if you'd like.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 6

I would love the recipe - Thanks so much! I am looking for scratch cake recipes anyway, although my co-workers love the WASC variations. This time they will get scratch!

mamawrobin Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 6

OK....finally found it...she actually has two recipes for this cake icon_confused.gif I'm posting both but the first one is my favorite..hope this is what you're looking for.

"my grandmothers" coca-cola cake
2 cups flour
1 cup Coke
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
2 eggs
3 tablespoons cocoa

Combine flour and sugar and set aside. Bring butter, cocoa and coke to a boil and pour over flour/sugar mixture. Combine buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, soda and mini marshmallows and add to flour/sugar mixture and mix well..scrapping sides of bowl until blended thoroughly. Batter will be thin. Pour into 9x13 inch baking pan (marshmallows will float to top) Bake at 325 to 350 for 30-35 minutes and ice while hot ...............

ICING...........2 sticks butter
6 tablespoons Coke
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 pound powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
Bring butter, Coke and cocoa to a full boil and pour over powdered sugar. Mix well...add vanilla and pecans and pour over hot cake. YUMMY thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 6

thanks!

mamawrobin Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 6

Another of my grandmother's Coca-Cola Cake recipes...............

1 stick butter
1 cup Coke
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 square semi-sweet Baker's chocolate
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
2 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Place in saucepan..butter, Coke, chocolate square, bring to full boil and add marshmallows, stir to blend and set aside to cool.
In mixing bowl blend shortening, oil, vanilla and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and buttermilk and beat until smooth. Mix flour with baking soda, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add half the flour mixture to shortening mixture and beat, scrapping the bowl. Add cooled Coke mixture and beat add remaining flour mixture and beat until smooth 3 to 4 minutes. Batter will be thick.
Pour into pans (your choice of sizes) and bake at 350 (on top rack) until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. about 30-35 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on your oven. (I love the way she worded her recipes....LOL)

Mix : 1 stick butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup plus 2-3 tablespoons Coke
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream butter, cocoa, 1/4 cup Coke and syrup until smooth. Blend in powdered sugar a little at a time and add remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons Coke IF NEEDED...once sugar is fully incorporated, add vanilla. Can ice cake warm or cooled.

If the first recipe isn't what you were looking for maybe this one will work. These are the only recipes that I have for Coca-Cola cake.

Maybe subbing Cherry Coke and adding cherries to the batter could work? What if you added cherry jello instead of the cocoa powder? I don't know...just a suggestion...hope one of the recipes will help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%