Transport A Cake Via Car?

Decorating By ncsmorris Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 7:48pm by kimblyd

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone! I'm new to posting here, but this site often comes up in my Google searches, so I'm hoping you can help! I'm trying to get tips on how to transport cakes in a CAR (no SUV, van, etc.). Small cakes that fit in the floorboard are ok, but larger cakes will not fit down there. The rear seats in my car fold down...but they stay at a bit of an incline. I was thinking some kind of wedge to level the incline, then a piece of plywood or something that will fit across the back seats. Then of course a yoga mat or skid resistant mat to keep it from slipping. Ideas??? Thanks so much!

5 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 6

However you can best get a level surface, that's the way to go.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

use shelf liner to keep it from slipping...i find it at the dollar store or walmart and it works great

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 6

I use bath towels to level up my cake box in the back seat. My sister comes along with me when I have a cake to deliver. She sits next to the cake to make sure it does not move at all. I push the front car sear all the way back once the cake is in so that the box does not move forward at all.

HTH..

Michael

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the tips so far icon_smile.gif

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 6

When I carry cakes in my car I put them in a big clear plastic bin and set that on my passenger seat. I prop up the back with towels so it will be level. Then I move the passenger seat all the way up until the bin is wedged against the dashboard.

That sucker does not move at all. It's the very best way I have found, no need for non-slip mats even. icon_biggrin.gif

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%