Help!! Stecilling Royal Icing On Sides Of Cake!

Decorating By maximusmommy Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 3:06am by myslady

maximusmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maximusmommy Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:25am
post #1 of 4

hey there

i am getting ready to make a wedding cake for a family member...i wlll be stencilling black RI on white fondant (! eek)

I have looked in the other posts about this, everyone makes it seem easy...i tried the piping gel and it did not look good at all, smeared and looked a little slimey...

my question is i guess...

1 - how can i get the icing to look super clean and beautiful....

2- can i apply piping gell to the fondant and then press the stencil into it to make it stay put really really well, or will that screw everything up (may the RI not harden... make it smear all over...)

3 - does anyone have any tricks for making stencilling the sides of a round cake go a little easier.....

ANY HELP HERE WILL BE APPRECIATED! LUCKILY MY PROCRASTINATION BONE IS NOT AFFECTIVE THIS WEEK..THE WEDDING IS 3 WEEKS...I HAVE TRIED TO PRACTICE ON DUMMY CAKES WILL THE BLACK TINTED GEL BUT IT LOOKED NOT GOOD, I LIKED THE SHINY BLACK, BUT NOT A BIG FAN OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PIPE DISTINCT THINGS LIKE PEARL OR BEAD AND WHATN OT....

anyone with suggestions to help me!

3 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 4

1. patients, patients and more patience

2. are you using royal or piping gel. are you trying to use piping gel to hold the stencil on the cake and then use royal

3. get someone to help you, - they hold the stencil and you smear the royal or piping gel on

maximusmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maximusmommy Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 4

thank you Mslady.

i was going to royal icing, i was thinking about using the piping gel to hold the stencil...but i used the ri myself and the stencil stuck pretty good...when the hubby is home fro the wedding i will definately be getting him to hold it in place though =)

it turned out nice though, the dummy cake i mean. the bride to be picked the stencil she wants me to use..

thank you for replying to my post!

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 3:06am
post #4 of 4

you're welcome.

I glad it has worked out so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%