Advice On Colour Scheme For Cake In 2 Days

Decorating By strathmore Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 9:46pm by strathmore

strathmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strathmore Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 7

I am doing a 70th birthday for a line dancer for this weekend. I have made little cowbow boots and hat black with silver as requested. She likes pastel colours. I wish I could do a picture for you and will try to paint a mental picture but its a square 10inch - was going to put boots with hat leaning on them left top corner - possibly on a little stage, and opposite corner and front/left side edge flowers just rolled ribbon roses a few leaves/daisys. She likes pastels so was going to do them in pastel pinks/lemon/mauve etc. I am quilting the sides and putting little silver balls on, and swags round the top border. Sounds like a lot but have planned it on the tin and won't be big swags only 3 folds just to break up the edge. The client hinted at realistic moulded flowers and I just can't do a good job of them yet enough for me to be happy to put them on a cake for someone so this still has to wow them but not look stupid !!

My question is do leave the cake white or do the sides in say pastel colour, the swags white and top like a wooden floor or pastel colour. will have happy birthday written in the middle and the age is fondant numbers I will be glittering them silver and standing them up towards the back. Was going to be on wires but can't find any wires at the moment. BTW I am in New Zealand. I just can't visualise it. Thanks

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 7

wood floor, pastel swags, white sides?

wood sides to match floor?

strathmore Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 7

Yep I am thinking of the pale wood floor but not much of it will actually be seen... and then there is the message which has to be seen....maybe I should make it out of rope ?? Is that a line dancing thing ??

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:11am
post #4 of 7

Yes, if she's into Line Dancing, rope should be fine. I line dance as well and would like that. Pretty hard to be "just" into line dancing without appreciating the western flair that goes along with it. I'm sure it will be great! thumbs_up.gif

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

I think the rope idea is great! It has a country/western feel to it. Good luck!

strathmore Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 7:55am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. Since the western theme is liked I might put the sparkly 70 on a wood box type thing or a hay bale...since I can't get wires...

strathmore Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 7

Well its done. Not the best photo (its in my photos) looked better in real life icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%