I Figured Out My Bulges!!

Decorating By anasazi17 Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 2:10am by jjkarm

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

So last week i posted that out of nowhere I was getting these terrible bulges on my cake. I received some great comments...but I was doing everything "correct" and was still getting bulges...I nearly threw my self off a cliff! (thank goodness no cliffs in Indiana!!)

Well, I practiced all week--too much waste but I figured it out!! I couldn't understand why it started all of the sudden. I have used choco-pan for about a year...never in my new shop...never when it is 90°...and HUMID! On my last attempt before I recreated the wheel...I thew the choco-pan in the fridge for like 15 minutes and WAAAALAAAA no bulges!!

If you are having this issue I recommed cooling it for 15 mins before covering...worked like a charm!!

Thanks for all the help CC friends!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 4

Did you try the ceramic tile trick?

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:51am
post #3 of 4

Yep Leah! That is my favorite trick...I am so glad I read a comment you posted a while back...it turned out it was just too hot in the shop, I didn't notice it by my fondant did.

Thanks!!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #4 of 4

I figured out where my bulges come from too.... eating too much cake! icon_cry.gif (Sorry, couldn't resist.) icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%